The Girl That Disappeared 1.1 | Too Smart And Too Sweet

"I want to be Batgirl! Stephanie Brown!"

"You truly forget all I've granted you?" Gisela asked distastefully. "Or are you simply an ingrate?"

"All you've granted me? You mean my identity crisis-"

Lady Gisela bit back a retort detailing how Sophie didn't even know what that was.

"Or my underwhelming amount of social interaction outside of training?"

"Really, one would think you'd be more respectful considering the fact you're permitted to see Glimmer in the first place."

"I'm not a baby anymore! I know how much you need me, how cool I am, and exactly how many members I can convince to defect with me."

One. One member. The other child.

The frustrated woman massaged her temples, sighing.

"You are far too smart for your own good- just know this particular line of negotiation shall not work a fourth time."

"I'm pretty sure it's called a threat."

Deep breaths. In and out.

The eight year-old leveled a stare, crossing her arms.

She already had two cats and a unicorn. What more could she want besides this?

"So when am I getting my Batgirl costume?"

"Ask. Alvar."

Sophie spun on her heel, skipping away, oblivious to Lady Gisela's large exhale and closed eyes.

*Two months Later*

"Did my Spider-Gwen costume get here yet?"

"Ask Alvar, child."

*Three Months*

"Supergirl?"

"How many blonde superheroes could there possibly be?"

"Fine, I'll ask Alvar."

*Four Months*

"Is that it? Captain Marvel!"

"Unfortunately."

*Five Months*

"A fairy?"

"Tinker Belle is cool!"

This is why she barely spent time with her own kid. Children drained entirely too much of her energy.

*Two Weeks Later*

"Amora of Asgard! The Enchantress!"

"Sophie Elizabeth Foster, you are not wearing this."

*Three days later*

"Remember how today's my birthday," Sophie asked tentatively, fingers grasping at her hood, a shadow falling over her face. She looked at her feet, fidgeting.

"Yes . . ."

"Yeah, well, keep that in your head."

"What did you do."

The girl whipped her hood back, long hair tumbling down her back, red.

"Your hair!"

"Wait! Before you say anything! It's to go with my outfit."

Sophie shed her cloak to reveal a black Eurypterid racing suit with silver buttons and zippers, some sort of leafy ivy curling up her legs.

"It's for Poison Ivy. Ruy helped me make it. She challenged other villains to show people who's boss. She's a scientist, a doctor, and she fights for what she believes in. She'll do whatever it takes to protect the environment and get revenge on her enemies. You didn't like the cool superheroes who looked like us, so I found someone else. She had blonde hair in a bun like you when she was a doctor though!"

Gisela swept Sophie into a hug, wiping away a rogue tear with the back of her hand.

"How did the hair elixir taste?"

"Yucky."

"Good."

"You know, Tinker Belle tried to kill Wendy once."

The Lady froze.

"The fairy?"

"Yeah."

"Well, did she get it done?"

"I said tried."

"Ah."

( Little Sophie just wanted to be like her mother figure, and to make Gisela happy. I had a lot of fun writing this. To explain the 1.1, it's marked this way since it isn't the next chapter, or part. Part one served as a prologue, think of the .[number]s as deleted scenes. What's your favorite part? Tomorrow will be an update of Bird, by the way! )