Yet Fall She Did

Everywhere she looked, Biana saw Sophie. Her smile. Her laugh. The smile on her lips as she basked in the sun, eyes fluttered to a close.

Sophie drew Biana's attention like a magnet, stealing breaths and skipped heartbeats. She was beautiful in a gentle sort of way, as if you just couldn't help gazing in her direction. You didn't even notice at first, not until she blushed, peeking at you from behind a curtain of hair, your breath catching.

Now Biana had started, she couldn't stop.

She knew, she knew it was a bad idea. It was always a bad idea to fall in love with your brothers ex. Yet fall she did.

"I just can't imagine why elves don't write fiction," the blonde ranted. "I can understand not writing a fantasy when you live one, but why not a cute love story? Oh, genuine question by the way."

Biana searched for an answer, hand loosely clasped in Sophie's.

"Why read one, when you could live one," she quoted softly. She met Sophie's eyes, watching sadly as the words sank in.

Sophie's mouth formed a perfect o, transfixed with Biana's wistful half smile.

When the Vacker turned, walking forward, Sophie followed, chasing their clasped hands.

This time, it was her turn to fall.

(Mini update because I haven't done so in  . . . um . . . way too long, lmao )