16: Drag Me Down

( Back to Present )

'Hah- it's been 2 days since I stood up to him like that... and I still regret it. I was just trying to see if I could try that trick and...' Izumi's face turned bright red. 

'I flirted more than I should've!!! I can't help it that after all these years he still can make that face when he's surprised! This has to be some kind of trap, someone's setting me up, right? Aw man, and I've still got to at least write a summary of what my next novel will be, this sucks. I've been so busy this week that I haven't had the time, so maybe we can write it during work- huh?'

Izumi looked up to see a large group of construction workers surrounding the library, her workplace. There were cones everywhere and the entire area seemed blocked off so no one could even walk past it. 

She wasn't sure what was going on as she walked closer to the building, but a construction worker stopped her. 

"Hey, sorry ma'am, but the library's closed." the man said. 

"What- why?" 

"We're doing some remodeling." 

"Re- but I didn't- hold on. I'm the owner of that library." Izumi said.

"Ah- so you're Izumi Toshinori, right?" 

"That's correct." 

"We got a call from someone saying they were friends of yours and were wanting to get this place remodeled." the man said. 

"What was their name?" Izumi asked, crossing her arms. 

"Unfortunately they never gave us a name." 

"Was it a man or woman?" 

"A man." Izumi froze, she knew right away just who it would be. 

'So he thought it would be funny to do this kind of trick behind my back, huh? Not on my watch.' Izumi thought. 

"I see, so how long will the remodeling take?" 

"About a month. Some of the things that were requested won't be shipped here right away." the man said. 

'One- one month?!?!? That means I'm practically jobless for an entire month!!!' Izumi thought.

And though she wanted to yell at the guy for taking the job, she automatically thought that he would be watching the entire thing. 

'Why are you doing this to me, Katsuki? If you can't take my workplace and my house, you're gonna try to make me stay away from it, is that it? Now this really does mean I have to find a job, and it'll have to be full time!' Izumi thought with a sigh. 

"I understand, please let me know when the project is done. Thank you for doing this and for the library." Izumi said, trying to fake a smile. 

"Mn, we'll be getting back to work then." 

Izumi nodded as she watched the construction worker go back to the busy site.

'I've gotta ask Iris to help me.'

"Wait- he did what?" 

"He's blocked me from going to work since the library now is under some remodeling. It's his own fault for calling it shabby in the first place." Izumi said, adjusting her glasses. 

"So then how long will the remodeling take?" 

"One month." 

"So that means you're currently jobless, right?" Izumi exhaled and looked distressed again.