59: Somehow

Izumi had started working at the library again and it seemed that since the new remodel, more people had come to rent or purchase any books. 

She had been keeping busy and it actually helped her forget about all her worries from what'd happened just days prior. As well as the business of the library, she was getting herself into working more on her next novel, as she would try to write chapters as much as she could. 

It also helped that since the reopening of the library, she'd hired two boys to help out around as much as they could, which was the help coming from Iris of course.

"Miss Izumi, where did you say you wanted these new study guides to be?" one of the boys asked. 

"Just put them next to the textbook shelf, Regulus. Oh and Polaris, can you check these for me?" Izumi as the other boy. 

"Yes ma'am." Polaris said. 

Regulus had Silver, almost White, hair and deep Crimson eyes, while Polaris had Golden blond hair and Crystal Blue eyes. It seemed like all her worries were for nothing as the new help made her calm and at peace. 

The sound of the front door opening was heard by the greenette, and she went to greet the new customer. 

"Hello, welcome to-" Izumi stopped mid-sentence as she looked to see it was Shoto. 

"S-Shoto..." 

"Izumi?"

Izumi and Shoto left the library and went to the park only to end up sitting next to each other on a bench. 

"I didn't expect to see you working at a library, but it would make sense since you are a writer." Shoto said. 

"Ah- yes. The library was my mom's, it was under remodeling last month, so I just came back to start working it again." Izumi said. 

"So does that mean you no longer work at Bakugo's company?" She looked up at him. 

"I... I don't know, to be honest. The only reason I was working at the company was to earn some money to cover for my mom's hospital bills. But..."

"Is there something wrong?" 

"It seems I don't need to worry about those bills anymore since they've been paid for." Shoto froze. 

"Someone paid for them, and it wasn't you?" 

"No. I was surprised to say the least, that and..." 

Izumi remembered how she'd slapped Katsuki and yelled at him because she figured it was him who did it. 

"Oh nevermind, I still have a few other things I need to pay for, so I'm back at my library." Izumi said. 

"Do you miss working at the company?" 

"A little bit, but the hours were a bit long and I always had to find something to do if I finished the day early. I'm known to be a bit of a fast worker... I can't help but try to get things done as fast as I can." Izumi said. 

"Right..."

They sat there in an awkward silence as neither of them were sure what to say next. 

"So... have you thought about what I said?" Shoto asked. 

Izumi knew he was going to ask if she'd accept his confession, something she wasn't looking forward to telling him. 

"I-I have, and... I'm really sorry, Shoto... I just... I just don't think I want to be in a relationship right now. I've got enough on my plate to worry about, so I don't want you to worry about me. I'm sorry I'm turning you down like this." Izumi said, trying to smile to make the situation better.