97: We Must Love

"Welp, looks like I gotta get back to work, but I hope you'll get better Izu!" Melissa said. 

"Mn! Bye Melissa!" 

"I'm sure they're gonna need me back at the Police Station before something happens." Iris said. 

"You're leaving already?" 

"Yeah, since Izumi was still in the hospital, I wanted to try and visit before my schedule got hectic. So, take care Izumi, and come to me if you wanna talk to me about something." Iris said. 

"Ah- mn." 

"Hah- you're lucky you had the strength to even do that in the first place, Izumi." Emra said. 

"I know, but now that I know I'm on the news, I'm sure it won't be easy for me the next few days."

"It was your decision to punch Rose and fracture your arm, not mine. Anyway, I'm sure Takashi will come by to check on your arm, where's Katsuki though?" 

"Huh? Oh, I'm not sure. Last time I saw him was before my surgery, I hope he's not too worried about me." 

"Believe me, knowing that he's constantly making sure you're happy and safe, I'm sure he's worried sick about you. Now then, let me know when you get discharged, and please don't hurt your arm again." Emra said. 

"Mn! I got it!" 

Emra soon left the greenette alone and Izumi sat in her hospital room alone. 

'Hah- So much has happened in the past week that it feels like I still can't comprehend what's happened. I wonder where Kacchan is, is he worried about me?'

Not even 5 minutes pass since Emra left and the door opens for Izumi to see a blonde entering. 

"Izumi! You're awake! I was so worried when I saw the news and my brat of a son didn't even tell me!" 

It was Mitsuki! 

"Ah- M-Mrs. Bakugo! It's nice to see you again, but I'm sure you'd rather not see me like this." Izumi said. 

"Oh dear, that brat should be in your shoes, I can't believe you did that all on your own." Mitsuki said, sitting down by the bed. 

"Hmph, I knew that if I didn't, then Kacchan would've gotten hurt." Izumi said. 

"You're such a sweet daughter-in-law! Willing to step in to save my son, you're too kind!" Mitsuki said, hugging the greenette. 

"M-Mrs. Bakugo! I-I can't breathe!" Izumi gasped.

"Can you not choke her, she's already hurt." Mitsuki and Izumi turned their heads to see Katsuki standing at the door. 

"Kacchan." 

"Hmph, took you long enough to get here brat! Where were you?" 

"Tch- I had to see if Izuku's mom was doing okay." Katsuki said, Izumi froze. 

"You- You went to visit my mom, Kacchan? But why?" 

"Why wouldn't I? I knew she would've been worried not knowing how you got hurt, so I went to visit her last night while you were resting from your surgery." Katsuki said. 

"Y-You did?"

"Mn." 

Izumi stared at the blond and felt her chest get all warm and fuzzy, to the point that she had tears in her eyes.

"Oh Izumi..." 

"Sorry, I know I shouldn't be crying, but I feel a lot better knowing that you've been visiting my mom for me! And I'll make sure never to hurt my arm this badly again." Izumi said, trying to wipe the tears off her face.