52: Unnatural

"Are you sure you don't want me to clean up? I am your Secretary this week." Izumi asked, once they both finished lunch. 

"Just because you're my Secretary doesn't mean it's 24/7, I can handle cleaning my own house." he said, taking the bowl from her and heading to the kitchen. 

'He's being really weird, I don't know if I should be happy or worried.' Izumi thought. 

She walked out of the kitchen to hear the faucet going and he'd already started cleaning. 

'I guess I'll just sit here and wait for him to finish and ask what he wants me to do next. I already finished everything in the list, so does this mean I can go home early today?' she thought, as she sat down on the couch and twiddled with her thumbs.

After she heard the faucet from the kitchen turn off, but she got curious since he didn't sound like he was leaving the kitchen yet. 

'What's he doing? He should be done by now?' she thought. 

She wanted to get up from the couch, but since she thought it'd be rude, she waited a little longer.

After a few more minutes, she heard footsteps and looked up to see Katsuki walking out of the kitchen and holding a mug in each hand. 

'Huh?' 

"Here." he said, handing her one. 

She looked up at him, not sure what he was doing. 

"It's tea, do you really think I would put poison or something?" he said in monotone. 

"A-Ah- t-thank you..." she said and carefully took the mug out of his hand. 

Just as she adjusted her grip on the mug, to her surprise, he sat right next to her on the couch. 

'What the- what's he doing? Why's he... WHY'S HE SO CLOSE TO ME?!?!' 

"Thanks..." she looked at him. 

"For what?" 

The blond was averting his eyes from her, he felt embarrassed to say it. 

"Thanks... for lunch..." he mumbled.

"O-Oh, it was nothing. I just figured I could do something for you, not that I haven't been doing that all week." Izumi muttered and took a sip of her tea. 

Silence surrounded the room, and neither one of them could really find anything to say to the other. 

'He has been acting really strange this entire week, could it be because of me in some way?' she thought. 

"I-I know this might sound random..." Izumi paused, he turned to look at her. 

"But... is there something bothering you lately? You've been a bit more quiet than usual in the time I've been here to clean your house." Izumi said.

'How'd she know, only Deku could tell something was wrong- should I ask her?' he thought. 

"Well... you won't tell anybody about this, will you?" he said in a serious tone. 

"Hmph, if you don't want me to, then I'll keep quiet about this conversation. You have my word." Izumi said with a warm smile. 

"Right... well, you know how you were my Secretary last Saturday?" 

"Mn." 

"So after you left, I had to go on a date with someone." he said, his voice sounding unsure.