36: Black or White

The second they got in the car, it became an awkward silence like usual, but this was certainly different. It was a beautiful and clear night outside, and Izumi looked out the window to see all the glimmering stars, they always brought her at ease. 

The blond glanced at the corner of his eye and could see her sweet and subtle smile, he ended up smiling himself to see she wasn't scared or worried. 

The aura in that small car was no longer awkward, but in some way almost... romantic.

The car came to a stop and Izumi didn't even realize that she was already home. 

"Why did you stop?" 

"We're at your place." he said in a serious tone. 

She looked out the window and saw the tall and almost gloomy looking mansion in front of her. 

"Oh right... I didn't realize it until now..." 

"Notice what?" 

She turned her head to look at him and smiled. 

"Compared to your place, my home is gloomy and sad to look at in the night time! Guess I could use a remodel on my house and not just my workplace." Izumi teased with a warm smile.

The blond wasn't expecting her reaction to be so wholehearted, even when she was talking about her house. And though the blond had an original goal of taking the property rights of her home... just from what she said might've changed his perspective without him realizing it. 

"Ack- is it really almost 11?!?! I didn't even notice the time until now, I should get inside!" Izumi said, unbuckling her seatbelt. 

The blond watched her get out of the car, and right as she was leaving, she quickly turned around and walked towards his car and stopped.

"Do you need me for anything tomorrow, Mr. Dynamite?" she asked nervously. 

"Wha- Ah- no! I won't need you for anything, but I'm going to the airport on Monday for a business trip." He said, trying not to get distracted. 

"Oh, then when will you be back?" she asked. 

"Probably Thursday night- wait- why do you care? Are you thinking that if I'm not in the office, you don't need to show up?" 

"No! Nothing like that! I just- oh nevermind! Then you should get home and get some rest before your trip. And... thank you for bringing me home..." Izumi said, averting her eyes from him. 

"Ah- yeah..." the blond said, rubbing the back of his neck. 

For some reason, just this awkward conversation reminded the two of them of how they started to talk to each other back in high school, awkward and short, but at least they were talking to each other.

Izumi shut the door behind her after seeing Katsuki's car leave and she instantly dropped to the floor.

"What happened today? It feels like I'm a magnet or something. I was surprised to see Shoto there too, but... why is my heart racing like it did in high school every time I see Kacchan?!?!? I've tried to ignore these feelings for the past 7 years and now they've come to haunt me again when I don't need them. Maybe we just need some sleep, it has been a long day for me." she told herself.

The second she stood up from the floor and off the door, she felt her phone buzz again. 

'Could that be Azalea, or maybe Iris? Huh?'