73: Tender Love

"Why'd you ask me to bring athletic clothes?" Katsuki asked as he leaned against the waiting for Izumi who was in the girl's restroom. 

"Because, I think the last time we went on a run together was back in high school." Izumi said happily. 

"That doesn't really explain why though." Katsuki said. Izumi walked out of the restroom, wearing athletic clothes, and happily grabbed the blond's hand. 

"Woah- why're you in a rush?" 

"Because, Kacchan, I wanna make sure to make up all the time I wasn't here with you." Izumi said and pulled him to follow. 

'As much as I think this is stupid... as long as Deku's happy, I don't mind.' he thought.

( Flashback )

( Note: This Flashback takes place in Izuku and Katsuki's second year of high school, just so you guys don't get confused. Enjoy! )

"The Sports Festival is just around the corner, so I expect all of you to do your best." the teacher said. 

'The Sports Festival already, it felt like not too long ago that I broke my arm and I couldn't participate in the Sports Festival last year.' Izuku thought. 

She looked up to see Katsuki was still laying his head on his desk. 

"Ah- Kacchan, are you feeling okay?" 

"Tch- yeah right, I could care less about this crap." Katsuki muttered. 

"You mean the Sports Festival, but you did really well last year for your first year." Izuku said. 

"Like I care about that, it's boring." he said. 

"Hmph, but I'll be there to cheer you on if you want me to?" Izuku teased.

That got his attention as he jerked his head off his desk and turned to look at the greenette. 

"What?!?!" 

"I-I said I could cheer you on if you want..." Izuku mumbled. 

She averted her gaze from him, as she felt embarrassed at just saying something so silly. 

"I-I mean, I don't have to if you don't want me-" 

"Fine." 

She looked up at him, not sure if she heard him correctly. 

"Huh?" 

"I said fine, but don't make it look obvious." Katsuki muttered. 

'Huh? What does he mean by obvious?' she thought.

"What're you gonna do?" 

She looked at him, he seemed serious as he rested his arms on her desk.

"Huh? W-What do you mean?" 

"You didn't have to do it last year cause of your arm, so are you gonna do it this year?" Katsuki asked. 

"I might have to since my arm has completely recovered. Erm- but I'm not really that good at any sports." she whined. 

Katsuki could tell how discouraged she was about this, as he soon left out a sigh. 

"I could help you." 

She jerked her eyes up at him to see how serious he was. 

"Eh? H-Help? N-No thanks I think I should bother you with stuff like that-" 

"Deku."

She froze and looked at him as he leaned closer to her. 

"Ah- y-yes, Kacchan?"