58: When the Rain Stops

"What're you doing in here?" 

Katsuki froze, and quickly turned around and was surprised to see Izumi standing at the doorway. 

"You- Izu...ku?" 

'So he figured it out...' Izumi thought. 

"I asked you what you're doing in here?" Izumi asked. 

"I- What're you doing awake, you should be sleeping." 

"I couldn't sleep and was going to get something to drink, but after I found myself in a different bedroom in my own house, I knew someone was here. So now I'm asking why you're here and how?" Izumi said. 

"I- I heard you were sick, so I came here to help you. I ended up looking around the mansion and-" 

"And so you decided to come in here without my permission?" Izumi said.

"Why're you mad about this, I get it that I didn't get your permission, but... why didn't you tell me?" 

"Tell you what?" 

"That you're Deku!" 

"Don't!..." he froze, as he watched her hands shaking. 

"Don't call me that..." she said, averting her gaze from him. 

"What? Why not?" 

"Because I've moved on, I'm not a child anymore." Izumi said, he froze. 

"Wha- What?" 

"I said I'm not a child anymore, so there's no reason for me to call you that nickname and for you to call me Deku! I've changed, I'm not the same person from the past!" she yelled. 

"What're you talking about, you haven't changed at all! You're the same from high school, so don't say you've changed." Katsuki yelled.

"But I've moved on, so stop thinking that we're the same as we were in high school. I knew it was a mistake to agree to work for you, but I still did it! I didn't want you to find me, that's why I changed my name!" he froze. 

"You were just... toying with me and my emotions from the start, especially in high school..." Izumi said, rubbing her arm. 

"What? Toying with your emotions, you were the one that drove me crazy!" she looked up at him. 

"Wha- what?" 

"Don't you get it?!? I LIKE YOU FROM THE BEGINNING!!!" Katsuki yelled, she felt her heart drop.

( Flashback )

A couple days after Izuku overheard Katsuki telling their classmate that he liked someone else, Izuku couldn't take it anymore. As much as she wanted to tell him she liked him, the guilt and the doubt of knowing that he liked someone else hurt her more than she thought. 

And finally, all that frustration went out on the blond without him least expecting it.

"Deku, why're you-" 

She slapped him across the face, he went silent. 

"You jerk..." she muttered.

"Wha- What're you talking about? What did I do, Deku-" 

"Don't call me that, you jerk!" she yelled. 

She turned away from him and tried to run, but he grabbed her wrist. 

"I don't understand, Deku, why're you getting mad? What did I do wrong? Please tell me!" 

"I- I CAN'T STAND YOU! I HATE YOU, KATSUKI BAKUGO!!! I DON'T EVER WANT TO SEE YOUR FACE AGAIN!!!!" she yelled, pulled his hand off and ran away with tears streaming down her face.