35: Moonlight

Katsuki stood there in his suit and tie and wasn't thrilled to come to another banquet again when he had other things he needed to do.

'This is stupid, why am I here?' he thought. 

He remembered the last banquet he went to was when he first met Emily, that's when he started to get curious. 

'Will she be here? Yeah right, she told me she hates large crowds.' he thought. 

He felt his phone buzz in his pocket and looked to see it was Sirius that messaged him. 

'What the- he's finally gonna answer me where he's been?' the blond thought as she looked at the message.

Apologies sir, but I will not be able to be your personal Secretary for this evening. Fortunately, I found someone who's perfectly capable of taking my place for the night. They should arrive at the location at any minute. 

Katsuki grit his teeth, it was rare for Sirius to say he couldn't attend a banquet, especially since he was the blond's personal Secretary. 

'What the hell- who the hell would be capable of doing this?' Katsuki thought.

"Mr. Dynamite." 

Katsuki recognized that voice right away and looked up and froze at the sight in front of him. It was Izumi, but she certainly didn't look like the same woman he went out for drinks the night before. 

Izumi was wearing a Cream colored Evening Jewel Neck Lace Sequined Floor-Length Dress that had sleeves, along with heels and her hair was curled perfectly and her eyes glimmered brightly like Emeralds. 

She clasped her hands together and her cheeks were flushed as she looked at him. 

"Good evening... Mr. Dynamite..." the greenette said nervously.

Ever since their first encounter, the blond would get annoyed a little at seeing this woman, but now... he felt like his chest was about to explode. Though she looked like a completely different person, she was beautiful, and he couldn't take her eyes off her. 

"Ah- wait- what're you doing here?" 

"Oh- Mister Sombre said he was busy this evening and asked me to take his place as your personal Secretary tonight. At first I didn't agree to doing this, but if it's to help you in any way, then I'm fine dressing up a little..." Izumi said, brushing her hair out of her face.

He noticed right away how her voice was gentle and almost soft, nothing like her melancholy and monotone voice like before. But right after he realized what she said, he blinked a few times and then came back to reality. 

"Wait- Sirius was talking about you? No- you don't have to do this-" 

"But I don't want you to show up alone." Izumi said, he froze. 

"And... I came all this way and dressed up to help you out. You could say this is my punishment for getting drunk and sleeping at your place last night." Izumi said. 

"You-" 

As much as he thought this was a terrible idea, he didn't want to see all her efforts go to waste since she did stand out already from how beautiful she looked. 

"Hah- fine. But once everything's done, I'll take you home." he said, which only caused the greenette to blush.

"I-I'm sure I look really strange dressed like this, don't I?" Izumi said. 

"Huh?" 

"Well, I don't normally dress like this and I definitely don't wear a color like this, I'm sure people will stare at me and think I look weird." Izumi said, trying to avert her eyes from him.