23: After Midnight

"Katsuki...?" 

The blond realized right away how he was still staring at her, as she had opened her eyes to see her boss kneeling down right in front of her. 

"Kyaa- w-what're you doing here?!?!" Izumi yelled, jumping away from his face. In the process of her jumping away, she lost her balance and ended up falling onto the ground from the shock. 

"Ow- that was unexpected..." Izumi said, rubbing her eyes.

 When she opened her eyes she looked up to see the blond just standing there and staring down at her. 

"No it's fine- I'll get off the floor by myself." Izumi said, pushing herself off the floor. Katsuki just realized what she meant and just looked away from her gaze and crossed his arms.

"What the hell were you doing staying past hours?" 

"Oh I'm sorry- Mr. Dynamite, someone gave me a large stack of papers to do 2 hours before I was supposed to get off work. So I had to stay until they were completed since no one will be able to check them until Monday." Izumi said, trying really hard not to get annoyed. 

"Then why didn't you leave after you were done?" 

"Can't I get a little break every once in a while? I've been working since 6 o'clock this morning and I didn't get a lot of sleep last night." she said, adjusting her specs and dusting her blazer off.

"Tch- like I care about that-" he said, starting to walk off, but then stopped in his tracks. He turned his head back to the greenette and waited for her to look at him. 

"Well..." she looked up at him. 

"What?" 

"Aren't you coming, it would be annoying to leave you here." he said. 

She felt her chest start thumping, but she quickly ignored her heart and grabbed her things and followed behind the blond.

"You should've just finished everything on Monday instead of staying past work hours." Katsuki said, shoving his hands in his pockets. 

"Your Secretary was the one who asked me to finish them before the weekend. It's not my fault I can't say no." Izumi said. 

'Deku used to be like that... she would hate saying no to someone and end up working 10 times harder than everyone around her. Wait- why the hell am I thinking of that right now?!?!' he yelled in his head. 

"Well, I need to get back home, hope you have a good weekend, Mr. Dynamite-" 

"Hold it!"

The greenette clenched her fists and slowly turned back to face him. 

"Yes~ Mr. Dynamite?" she asked with the most fakest smile she could make. 

"You don't have a car?" 

"Ah- no, should I?" 

"Then how the hell did you get here?" 

"Oh, I took the bus and train this morning." the blond froze. 

"What? Why?" 

"Because I don't like driving, it takes the fun out for me. I'm used to walking anyway-" 

"But the trains and buses are done for the night." The greenette froze. She looked up at him and he seemed pretty serious.

"W-Wait- what time is it?"