44: Unfair

( Back to Present )

Katsuki walked off the baseball field and sighed as he was just about to answer his phone when his mom was calling him. 

"What?" 

"Why'd it take you so long to answer the phone, brat?!?!?" 

"Why the fuck do you care?!?! So what did you want anyway?!?!" Katsuki yelled. 

"Hah- you're coming with me somewhere important tomorrow." Mitsuki said. 

"Not gonna happen, I have more important things to do." 

"Like what, name one thing that isn't work!?!?" Mitsuki yelled, which Katsuki couldn't really answer. 

"Tch- I'm not coming to your house, old hag." 

"You're not coming to my house, I have to go to the hospital."

The blond froze, he ended up starting to panic from hearing those words. 

"What? What's wrong with you-" 

"It's not me, brat. If you'd just let me finish, then I'll explain everything." Mitsuki said. 

"Fine, why do you need to go to the hospital?" 

"Because, my friend from high school is sick and has been staying at the hospital. I haven't had the time to visit her until now, and because my friend's daughter happened to go on a blind date with you, you should come." Mitsuki said. 

'Wait- that would mean this is... Emily's mom? But wait a minute-' Katsuki thought about it and remembered what Emily said from their first date.

"A-Actually, I'm a stand in! The person you were supposed to meet got busy and asked me to step in, so I did! They're one of my friend's.... Friend... I never met them, but they asked me to do this since I wasn't busy, so I did." 

'That's right, Emily said she was a stand in, but did my original blind date not say anything?' Katsuki thought. 

He thought more about it and remembered earlier that week when Izumi had randomly left in the middle of a meeting. 

"I-I'm sorry, I need to go! Something urgent happened and I need to be somewhere!" 

'Wait- why am I thinking about that? That wouldn't make any sense.'

"Are you even listening to me, brat?!?!" Katsuki pulled the phone away from his ear and sighed. 

"Yeah, I'm here. I'll go to the hospital tomorrow." he exhaled. 

"Good, and don't think you'll get out of this one!" Mitsuki said and hung up the phone right away. 

'Geez, do I seriously have to go?' he thought looking down at his phone. 

He heard noises coming from behind him and turned and froze to see Izumi wasn't wearing her blazer or specs and standing in the center of the baseball field. 

"What the-" Katsuki said, just as he was about to walk onto the field. But Kota walked up to him and stopped him before he could set foot onto the field.

"Oi- what's going on here?" 

"Those boys are from the baseball team at my school, and she said she'd strike out all of them." Kota said. 

"What?!? Why would she do that?" 

"To prove a point, I think that's what she meant." Kota said.