105: Follow

The New Year came to pass and it seemed like great things just kept happening for the greenette. Her mom had been discharged from the hospital and was clean of an Cancer, so she was able to come home. 

Since the greenette had also finished all of her credits in the fall, she wouldn't have to worry about going back to college in the spring and was waiting for graduation to happen. She also was getting close to finishing her next novel and was offered a new writing and editing job in the neighboring city.

"It seems like you've been busy ever since the new year came." Iris said. 

"Mmhm! It's crazy how I was constantly worried about things just not too long ago, but now I feel happy." Izumi said. 

"I can tell, so are you gonna take the job?" Iris asked. 

"Not sure yet, so much has happened and I still wanna finish my novel before I decide to take the offer. I'm still waiting on graduation too so there's a few things I'm gonna wait on first before I take the chance." Izumi said. 

"Y'know, you seem like you could be a great teacher." Izumi looked at the bluenette. 

"Huh?" 

"I've seen how you act around people and you have that vibe that says you're willing to help people learn. You look like you could be a high school teacher honestly." Iris said.

"Me? A teacher? Hah- you're not the only one who's suggested that. One of my college classmates is a teacher now and she told me I should try it out. But that would mean I need to improve on my people skills that I haven't used until recently, and I'm still rusty at talking to people..." Izumi mumbled. 

Iris knew the greenette's self esteem had shrunk in the past few years, but she was sure they'd grow after seeing Katsuki again. 

"Izumi." 

She looked at the bluenette. 

"Like your cousin always told me, you won't know until you try." Iris said. 

Izumi thought about it and wasn't sure, so she thought of who to ask.

"Huh? Have you thought about wanting to be a teacher?" Uraraka asked. 

"I'm not 100% sure yet, but... is it hard?" 

"Hard? Psh- yet right! It's always entertaining and interesting each day here, there's always something happening. Once you get used to how everything works, it shouldn't be that hard!" Uraraka said happily. 

'I've never seen myself as a teacher... but then what would happen to my situation if I took that writing and editing job in the neighboring city? Erm- this is so hard to think about.' Izumi thought.

"Oh- Dahlia!" 

Izumi turned her head to see the redhead entering the classroom. 

"Miss Uraraka, and- M-Miss Toshinori! I-I didn't know you were here!" Dahlia exclaimed. 

"Hi Dahlia, there's no need to get all tense, I just came to visit Uraraka." Izumi said. 

"O-Oh, right..." 

"Is there something you needed, Dahlia?" 

"O-Oh- I came to grab my homework since it's due right after lunch." Dahlia said. 

"Doing homework at the last minute, Dahlia, you know better." Uraraka scowled. 

"I-I know..."