118: Up to You

"I mean, starting in the fall... you'll be a teacher here!" Uraraka said happily.

Izumi froze, she wasn't sure if she heard that right. 

"M-Me? A teacher?" 

"Mn! The principal here heard how you helped the students in that one week you taught here, so they knew you'd be the perfect English teacher for the new year in the fall!" Uraraka said. 

"B-But I can't! I still haven't graduated yet and I only taught here for a week!" 

"It doesn't matter, Izumi-chan... because you impacted so many students here to want to do better. Some of them would even call you a hero." Izumi froze.

"M-Me? A hero?" 

"Mn. After everything that happened with Dahlia's mom, and then you taught English here and everything that's happened to you recently. I was really shocked when I saw that video of you jumping in front of that murderer to save your boyfriend. And seeing you now compared to you a couple months ago... you really have gone through a lot." 

"Wait wait wait- what video?" Izumi asked. 

"Huh? You don't know the video. There was recording evidence from the public security cameras that filmed that crazy murderer going after you and the Police trying to catch her and arrest her. Have you never seen it?" Uraraka said.

'It was recorded by the security cameras around that area that day?' 

"Did you wanna see it-" 

"No no! Please no!" Izumi yelled, Uraraka froze. 

"I- My cousin just helped me finish my recovery from that entire thing and it could lead back to trauma if I see that video." Izumi said. 

"Oh- that makes sense.... But you're gonna agree to teach here in the fall, right?" Uraraka asked. 

"L-Let me think about it first, then I'll give you my answer."

"Huh? You got offered a teaching job?" Katsuki asked. 

"Yeah, it's at the same high school that I taught for a week. It seems the principal found out but wants to hire me since I did a good job that week. I'm still thinking about it since the job will start in the fall." Izumi said. 

Katsuki looked at the greenette and could tell she was contemplating the whole thing. 

"Okay, then take it." 

Izumi looked up at him. 

"Huh?" 

"Take the job, you'll have your degree by then." Katsuki said. 

"Yeah but- would I really be suited to teach?" 

"Why're you asking me that? You clearly can if the principal says you can." 

"I-I know, but... What about my novel and the library?" 

"We'll worry about that when we get there." Katsuki said.

But Katsuki knew that wasn't the only thing on her mind. 

"Alright, now it's bothering me." Katsuki said, as he stopped cooking and turned his entire body to face the greenette. 

"Huh? What's bothering you?" 

"You." 

"Eh?" 

"You've got something else on your mind and it's not about the job, so what is it?" Katsuki asked. 

"What? I-It's nothing! There's nothing else on my mind-"