69: Love Cut

Katsuki walked the streets trying to find where the greenette would be, as he knew she wasn't going straight home after leaving the Reunion. 

'Where'd you go, Deku?' he thought.

( Flashback )

"Woah, Bakugo, where're you going?" 

"Are you gonna stay?" 

"No, I've got something more important than this." Katsuki said and left the Reunion as everyone was still shocked from hearing Izumi's side of everything.

( Back to Present )

'She has to be around here... could she be...' 

Katsuki instantly thought of a place and ran in that direction.

He stopped in his tracks to catch his breath and saw the greenette sitting on the swing at the same playground. She was still wearing her dress and still as beautiful as ever, even when she had tears in her eyes. 

He exhaled a sigh of relief and slowly walked up to the swings and stopped right in front of her. 

She saw his feet and slowly looked up to see him looking down at her. 

"Katsuki..." 

"Hah- Figured you'd be here, and you didn't have to leave like that, nerd." he said. 

"I know... but you know I don't like large gatherings..." Izumi mumbled. 

"Yup, I know that more than anyone." Katsuki said as he sat down on the swing that was next to her.

"So... why're you crying?" he asked. 

"Because... she'd been bad mouthing you from the beginning." Izumi said. 

"From the beginning?" 

"Mn. Before we found out you were the new transfer student, she was bad mouthing you, so I stood up for you. And because I stood up for you, she decided to make that stupid bet. It started with me not getting my comic book back, but then it led to her changing the bet so that I couldn't... date you..." she mumbled. 

"Is that... is that why you wanted to confess to me that day? Because of a stupid bet?" the greenette nodded. 

"I thought I would be fine just trying to confess, but because she heard me, she ended up confessing to you first." Izumi said.

"And that's when you assumed I liked someone else?" she nodded. 

"I didn't mean for anything to turn out like this... I just was too afraid to talk to you and that's when I got mad at you. For the past 7 years, I've thought of nothing but that stupid bet and I've been trying to move on from it, but I couldn't. So... I am sorry for acting that way when we met again and you came to my house." Izumi muttered. 

"You mean... when you kicked me out of your house?" 

"Mn." 

"Hmph, to be honest... I always thought you looked familiar but me and my dumbass just couldn't put two and two together. I started realizing things after spending more time with you and when..." Katsuki paused, not sure how to word this.

"When what?" 

"When I met someone who told me... that you were supposed to be my blind date." Izumi froze, she knew this meant she had to reveal the truth about that too. 

"Hah- about that..." 

Izumi clasped her hands together and averted her eyes from him. 

"What?"