37: California Love

( Flashback )

Katsuki noticed that Izuku wasn't at school yet. 

'Did she sleep in again? I thought she'd be here since it's the first day of us being third years.' he thought, sitting at his desk. 

After everyone else in the class started entering the classroom, Katsuki was getting annoyed and rested his head on his desk and just tried to zone out all the voices around him. 

'Where is Deku?' he thought.

The door slammed open and everyone in the class went silent and that's what caught the blond's attention. 

'Why'd it get so quiet-' he thought as he lifted his head and froze to see who was at the door. 

It was Izuku, but she looked like a completely different person. Her hair wasn't in a messy bun, but curled and resting over her shoulders. She wasn't wearing her glasses and her eyes shined brighter without them, as well as her normal school uniform, but it was like she was glowing.

Everyone watched as the greenette walked through the classroom and then took her seat behind Katsuki. He tried to ignore it, but heard from behind him; 

"Kacchan, why's everyone staring at me?" 

He froze, as he quickly turned around and got a much closer look at her face, her freckled cheeks with a hint of flush to them and her eyes looked larger to him. 

Without even thinking, he looked down and noticed her lips looked softer and more pink than before. 

"I didn't do anything wrong, did I, Kacchan?" she asked. 

"D-Deku!?!?!?!" 

Everyone in the class turned their head to see the blond was blushing.

"Yeah, what is it?" Izuku asked. 

And everyone ran to her desk and erupted with questions at the greenette. 

"Is that really you, Midoriya?!?!" 

"I almost didn't recognize you, Midoriya!" 

"What's with the sudden makeover?!?!" 

Izuku felt a little intimidated by her classmates, as she quickly looked away from them and was twiddling her thumbs. 

"S-Since we're in our third year... I wanted to try something different. Is there something wrong with the way I look?" she asked nervously. 

Everyone erupted in the room, telling her she looked different but in a good way. 

'What the hell... what happened to Deku!?!?' Katsuki thought.

Once the lunch bell rang, everyone in the class left, well... except for Izuku and Katsuki. 

"Kacchan, aren't you gonna have lunch?" Izuku asked. Katsuki turned his head and then turned his entire body to face her. 

"Oi-" 

"Hm?" 

"Are you really Deku?" 

"Ah- that's a silly question, why wouldn't I be sitting here?" Izuku asked. 

"Tch- then why do you look different?" Katsuki asked. 

"Were you not listening earlier? Because we're in our third year, I wanted to try and do something different for myself. I'm still used to seeing myself look like this, I honestly surprised myself when I saw the end result so-"