28: Better

"Your best friend?" 

"Mn, the second I met them in high school, it felt like we were going to be pretty close. But..." Izumi twiddled with her thumbs and then jolted her head up and smiled. 

"Sorry, it's still a pretty sensitive topic for me, since me and my old friend had a falling out 7 years ago and I just haven't been able to talk to them about it since." she said, smiling off her worries. 

"Ah- it's alright, you don't need to tell me if it makes you that uncomfortable." Shoto said. 

'Why am I thinking about that right now? I was perfectly fine just a few minutes ago, and now I'm thinking about Kacchan again...' she thought.

"Y-You didn't have to drive me all the way to my house, Shoto." 

"But I should, it would be rude of me to just leave you alone. But at least I got to know a bit more about you, Izumi." Shoto said calmly. 

'Ah geez- why's he so nice to me?!?!' Izumi thought, trying not to make an evident blush. 

"W-Well, I should go inside! I do have a few things I need to do at the moment, so-" 

"Izumi." 

The greenette turned and looked to see he had a subtle flush to his cheeks. 

"Ah- y-yes?" She watched as he took a deep breath and said; 

"Are you free for lunch Tuesday?"

She blinked a few times and then realized she was just staring at him and not saying anything. 

"Ah- y-yes! I'm free to have lunch with you Tuesday!" Izumi said happily. 

"I'm glad, then I will meet you out front of your work place on Tuesday for lunch." 

"Y-Yes! Of course! I-I look forward to it!" Izumi said. 

"Right... I had fun with you today, Izumi." 

She looked at how calm his eyes were, and saw a soft smile spread on his lips. She was staring a lot longer than she should've and her face instantly turned bright red. 

"I-I'll see you Tuesday! Thank you for today! Bye!" Izumi said, as she bowed to him and ran to the front door of her house and slammed the door behind her. 

Shoto watched how fast she left, but he could tell how nervous and embarrassed she was and he smiled to himself.

The greenette rested her back on the door right after she closed the door and exhaled. 

"Wow... I have dinner with Kacchan on Monday and lunch with Shoto on Tuesday... Holy Woah!!! How did this happen?!?! Calm down, I'm sure there has to be something as to why it's sudden. Kacchan is only doing this for Emily, and Shoto..." she felt her face get warm again. 

"S-Shoto couldn't like someone like me, right? I wasn't expecting him to ask to have lunch with me so quickly, but he did it anyway. Hah- why can't I go back to my lifestyle that it was two weeks ago, that was when none of this happened and I was doing just fine. Now I'm gonna be behind on my next novel- wait-" 

She jumped off the door and ran straight to her room and grabbed her computer.

When she checked her email, she didn't realize that Azalea had already emailed her.