Plans

"Yes Katniss i will send out a patrol, i saw him pass by earlier he had nothing in his hand" Mayor Undersee says. His scars on his face twitch. I nod. "Can i help in any way?" i ask. He widens his eyes. "No Katniss you have done enough over the years, the best thing you can do is protect your family" he says. "I think Gale might of formed an alliance" he says. I let my breathe out, it comes out unsteadily. I nod. "Katniss?" i hear a sweet voice, similar to my sisters. I shake as i look behind me. "Madge!" i say brightly. She hugs me. "So how is your family? I need to pay a visit" she said. "I would love that! And there doing well" i say. "I heard about Peeta i just bought some cheese buns from his bakery; for lunch" she says unfolding some wrapped buns. "No thanks i had some yesterday, aren't they delicious?" i say pleasingly. "Yes the cheese like, explodes in your mouth" she said laughing. "That's how Peeta explains it too, and me" i said brightly. I'm so glad Madge is here, alive and well. She reminds me too much of my sister; her hair, her voice, and her personality. But this is the closest i will ever get to her. I hear a familiar 'meow'. "Buttercup!" Madge sequels. i gave the cat to her since Madge is sweet, Buttercup desperately needs a bunch of attention, and Madge has always wanted a cat.

The cat comes in with a fresh mouse in his mouth. "You let him roam around?" i ask. "Oh yes he hates it when he is stuck inside always complaining, meowing" she says laughing, i laugh too. "Hey i want to get back to Peeta, thank you Mayor Undersee" i say. "No problem but wait before you go i have to have guards with you, no questions please" he says smirking.

The guards escort us to my house. We enter the warm welcoming house, with the smell of cheese buns. Peeta is at the oven sitting on a wooden chair. "Peeta? Your making cheese buns. Madge just bought some!" i say laughing. "Good the bakery has been running slow, your mom went out to buy some groceries we are low on food so i decided to make them since there simple" he says. Madge skips over to Peeta. Peeta looks at her shockingly. "Madge?!" he says. Madge hugs him. "I'm glad your alright Peeta your Parents asked if you were. Your dad was the only one to look concerned" she says. "Yea i bet" he says glumly. Peeta tries standing, his face contorts. Madge helps him to me. I hug him tightly his weight makes me fall against the table. "Peeta I'm so glad your okay" i say kissing his lips softly. "I'm glad I'm alive to Katniss, i love you" he says. "I love you too" i say softly kissing him again. I hear Madge clear her throat. i release Peeta laughing with me. "Show me all of your dresses!" she sequels. Dresses. The girl on fire. Dresses. I swallow hard. "I don't think that's a good idea" Peeta says behind me taking his seat , i take his hand. "No it's fine" i say looking at him.

I open my big closet, Madge screams. I laugh. "These will fit you in a couple years you can have some of them. But a couple are special" i say eying the dark mockingjay suit. Madge touches everything, taking them out it seems like hours after she's touched it all gasping here and there. "There Beautiful!" she says. I smile. We exit my room, but i turn around when i spot the memory book wide open next to our bed. I close it quickly. "Peeta? Did you paint all of these?!" Madge yells into the kitchen. "yes" Peeta yells back. She comes into the painting room.It has the meadow painting he was working on a couple days ago now hung up, framed. Then fire me in my suit. The last one is....rue. When did this one appear here?when i laid the flowers over her whole body. Tears stream down my cheeks. Then i realize it's painted on the wall, i can't take it down or make it disappear.I wouldn't want it to, it's Peeta's beautiful painting. I remember when he painted it on the 75th hunger games during the test. A strange sound comes out. Tears well up. I sit down on Peeta's Painting chair. "Katniss?" Madge says. "I'm alright" i say. "Isn't that...Rue?" Madge asks moments after. "Yes, yes it is" i say. Madge gives me the mockingjay pin, that was set upon a table. How did it get in here? Maybe one of the kids? "Katniss it's alright you did well. You gave everyone hope, and you made hope into a beautiful thing. You have a wonderful family, no more games, everyone is free" she says calmly. "I know but it will stay with everyone forever. Even me" i say choking. "But you just have to learn to forget it all" she says. And maybe i can.

HEY GUYS THANKS FOR READING!! I LOVE ALL MY FANS 😘❤️❤️