Whispers on the street

Finally we were walking to school, they had called each parent saying that school was back. Now that everything was over they had decided it was safe, or as I guessed Undersee. I was going to call him and tell him that nothing was going to stay the same again for a while. It was in my gut, but I knew he wouldn't listen. Education for the children mattered. But how did it? When all we had to do was take our money from many years before of our Victories. In District 12 people worked for the city. They were paid much lower than us. Paylor was the one who counted the wages. Ours was way to much. We were walking to school with our children when I started to notice a few people looking at us and whispering. Peeta seemed to tense besides me. Ivy and Evan even noticed.

The uneasiness I had felt before came again, and it tugged for me to bring my children back to safety. "Peeta I think we should go home" I said, his head snapped up from his cold stare at the ground. He rounded, heading towards the direction of home. Even home didn't sound welcome, just sleep, sleeping forever and ever with the person I loved so much. I wish I could freeze our moments. It was sad to think that I couldn't, despite his existence. Peeta was my everything. And my children--an ache formed-remembering when Evan had been taken by Gale. Gale--the world around me spins. "Oh!" I gasp and the world seems to be only a swirling black mass. Ivy's hand slips out of mine and then a sharp pain appears into my head.