Feast

We take the deer anyway, with great effort. With Peeta's built arms he puts in the strength till the point where I'm barely carrying any of it's weight. "We'll have to have a feast with everyone" I huff, setting it down on our kitchen table. "I'll call them later, right now we have to skin it. Cooking will take a while". It seems like he has caught on with skinning, time, preparation, and cooking with kill. I smile at his knowledge. Ivy brushes it's fur. "Honey we have to skin it. The fur will be gone" I said to her. She frowns, her eyes water. "Aww" she mumbles, her frown grows bigger. "Hey. He's okay. He feels no pain" I reply to her frown. Her frown slowly disappears, Peeta takes the deer out back with my knife that I use to skin kill. "It's going to taste good" I said. She smiles, slightly. "But It's like eating...you " she said flatly. I swallow, that was the most honest thing I've heard Ivy say. "Just imagine it not. Mommy is right here" I said. She looks at me glumly. I take her hand, leading her into the bathroom. I scrub the deer's blood off of her pointer and index finger. I caress them softly, until the water no longer empties into the drain with blood. She thanks me- barely a whisper.

After a while Peeta calls everyone as the deer cooks over our fire. The smell carries all throughout the house, making my mouth water with temptation. I set the table, put a glass of roses in the middle, and try to ignore there resemblance to me or us. They are just roses, stupid roses. What in the world was I thinking? I carry them back into the bathroom. Tucked back in the corner. I set plates, cutting knives, silverware, napkins, glass cups, and wine. Johanna arrives first, then my mother, and last but not least Haymitch and Effie. I greet them all with hugs. My heart sinks, if only Evan were here. He loves meeting people, again, even if already knowing them for so long. He's so sweet. It throbs now, the more I think of it. I push my thoughts aside and everyone sits at the table. Over the strong smell of cooking vision I smell the exploding cheese buns. "Yay! Cheese buns" Johanna said. She is smiling, but her eyes are a clear saying that she misses Jack. "So how many months?" Effie asks her. Peeta opens the oven, checking the cheese buns. "Uh..a month. I think. Now don't ask me in a few weeks. I will lose track" Johanna said humorlessly. Effie gives her a smirk. Haymitch grabs the wine opening it with a loud, pop. "Well.. Anyways, thanks for the invite Katniss". I look at Effie with a smile. I need more Effie, more of her nice compliments, something nice to say-always, just that sun rising smile. "It was our pleasure. We invited you all over because we wouldn't of finished it ourselves" I reply. She nods, grinning. Haymitch pours her some wine. They cheer, along with Johanna. Ivy sits in the middle of Johanna and Effie. "Well hello Ivy" ."Hi". Mother tucks in her shirt. She gives her a small smile.

Peeta lays the two plates of fresh steaming cheese buns in the middle. "The deer will be ready in twenty" he said. "Twenty?" Haymitch said sourly. "Yes Haymitch and if you don't want to leave I can gladly escort you". He gives me a snarky look. "Well isn't it nice to see you sweetheart?" he said. He took a cheese bite, and bit at it vigorously. Effie slaps him on the arm "Manners". Oh Effie, I roll my eyes. Haymitch grabs her hand, pulling it away with a dead pan expression.

"Did you season it?" Haymitch questions Peeta as he sets the vision on the kitchen table. "Yea Rosemary and some other tasty stuff". Haymitch nods,with a crooked smile. Everyone gets up to serve themselves the meat. Johanna takes three big slices. She inhales it all in with a delighted expression. "Mmmm. Peeta this smells amazing" she says. My mouth waters twice as much as it was before. Peeta pours me some water. "Thanks" I said, barely a whisper. "Oh wait. I also made green beans and cook potatoes". Oh how in the world did we not notice? "Oh Peeta this is great" Effie said. I nod, agreeing. I take a bite out of my vision. I taste the delicate Rosemary, and the other spices I can't call a name for. It's tender and juicy. The right amount of everything. I let out a sound of appreciation, closing my eyes. I pour some beans and cooked potatoes onto my plate. "It's like Thanksgiving all over again" Johanna muses. Everyone nods, not even being able to talk. All of our mouths are full. Except Johanna she's getting seconds-already.

"Dessert?" Johanna questions. Peeta digs in the fridge. "Oh.We have peach cobbler" Effie announces. Haymitch gives her a sharp glance, he must of wanted it to himself. "Oh sorry" Effie mutters into his ear. "Yea we have peach cobbler, from the hall" he said, shrugging it off. "Perfect, we have whipped cream" Peeta said. "I'll be right back" Haymitch said. He might take a few bites before! Effie drinks her renaming pool of wine in her glass. She gives me a quick-amused look. Mom laughs silently, her shoulders shaking.

Haymitch comes back with the pie in hand. It's a good size alright. "I wonder how my bakery is holding up. My parents must be back" Peeta wonders. I glance at him. He hasn't checked lately. "We'll go tomorrow" I suggest. He nods, his eyes glitter. Effie clears the table. Ivy helps her, my little helper. Ivy comes back, and she rips of the lid of the pie. "Hold on honey" I said calmly. She catches my eye, slouching back to wait patiently. Effie hands me a plate, and a pie shovel. It's what Peeta calls it. I shovel her a small piece, and about the size of her hand a scoop of whipped cream. She smiles. "We should cook it first" Haymitch said. "It's better when it's cooked" Effie said. Ivy shrugs, digging in immediately. I laugh softly at her.

Once the cobbler is cooked over the fire, Peeta hands me a big steaming piece with a huge scoop of whipped cream. "Oh my" I breath.Mom laughs. She is definitely in a good mood.It warms my heart. I can finish it. He smirks. It's wonderful aroma flows around the room and I think, I'm in heaven. I dig in and it's the best dessert I've ever tried. I taste the sweetness of the peach. The bread tasting cinnamon crunch on top. And the whatever you call it, cake crumbs? That fills the pile. And lastly the creamy whipped cream that cools your tongue from the steaming fresh out of the oven temperature. So good. My favorite tea would go great with it.

All of a sudden, a knock on the door sounds. Peeta gets up, and I hear quite whispers. And my name being called.

PLEASE VOTE! IM BEGGING YOU! I want my votes up to nine hundred. ;) Please make that happen.

:D xx