Another day in District 13

"Peeta do you think your parents will care if i hunt instead of bake bread?" i ask hoping he will say yes. "Yea they don't care they already have plenty of help anyways, I'll help too" he says smiling. "Okay but what about our schedule?" i say. "We'll just skip the cafeteria work for hunting then go eat" he says. I nod, smart plan.

Peeta sits besides me placing down his tray of food. Rose the lady i met waves to me, with her tray of food in her right hand. The lunch is roast beef, mashed potatoes, gravy, and biscuits made by Peeta's parents. I have to tell you it's delicious. "Wow Peeta these biscuits are delicious!" i exclaim with my mouth full.  "But not as good as the cheese buns. Whose idea was it for cheese buns?" i say. "it was my idea" he says through bites of roast beef. Once i scan over the whole cafeteria i shudder as the cold memories suffocate me. I can see the remaining decor from Finnicks wedding. Why wouldn't they clean it up?  i snap to myself in complete washes of agony. Peeta sees my eyes too he was there during the wedding not exactly but he's the one who made the beautiful cake. The cake was a sign that he was getting to be his old self.

The tears form but i don't let them fall. Peeta's eyes are glassy he turns around quickly bringing his food to the trash. Everyone stares at him to make the staring stop i get up noisily slamming my chair in under the table then discarding my food. i put my 'tray'  where the tray sign is. Peeta walks towards our room upstairs. I need to get out of here. My steady breaths become heavy and fast. Peeta notices. "We will be gone by tomorrow morning we can leave my parents behind" he says. "Good" i breath. He opens the door waiting for me to come through he slams it then quickly clicks it locked.

We can't sleep it seems as if the silence is letting the memories come. Peeta stirs many times. "Peeta are you alright?" i ask him urgently. "I'm fine" he sighs. "Here I'll open the windows" i say. I get up uncovering myself with the thick blanket. I walk to the window unlatching them. I pull it open the fall night sounds hum in. i can here the wind, and crickets. "Ah that's better" Peeta says, as i lay closely to him. He turns to face me, he looks straight into my eye i kiss him quickly. "Night" i say. "Night" he echoes.

I wake up screaming on the top of my lungs as Prim explodes. Peeta wakes up immediately .Gale's parachute. The rebellion. I start sobbing. "Sh-Sh-Sh" Peeta says soothingly. "it's okay" he says like honey. "It was Prim" i croak, i sniff. "She's in your heart she will always be. In the meadow and in your heart" he says whispering. His arms encase me in complete warmth making me cozy and happy. I smile. He feels my smile with are faces pressed together. "I love you" i whisper. "I love you to" he whispers back. I fall back to sleep.