Plutarch

The next morning was busy, cleaning with mother. It took a while for us to clean the kitchen, the night Ivy was sick I had made a difficult mess. I was fully aware that the news was on, the television hummed from the loud volume. Peeta huffed when he sat on the couch, exhausted. I walked out-sitting next to him. I started to play with his messy hair, seeming delirious. The news had changed and EMERGENCY was flashing across the screen. A woman announces the emergency and I try so hard not to choke up in tears "Plutarch Heavensbee is pronounced...." she takes a deep shallow breath before continuing "dead. Fellow District 12 citizens killed him the other night. He wanted us dead a woman said" I choked up on tears, but I had to stop to listen in on the rest. "The funeral will be at District 13 tomorrow" And I could tell she was holding something back. I almost screamed at the television. I can't. No. I'm. No. I won't go. I start to hyperventilate, Peeta rubs my back in big circles. That's all she has to say?! "Peeta we have to see the mayor" I said, tears gushing down my face. I blinked a few times so I wouldn't walk around aimlessly. My vision cleared and we began to walk out just as Peeta told mother everything. "Be careful!" she called after us. I looked back to wave and Ivy stood clutching on mother with Evan by her side. It was like saying a final crucial good bye. But we would be back. I had to figure out what was going on. Just when I thought things would be back to normal--my life for that matter- it got worse. I needed to stop wishing and just live in the now. How could I? Troubled, I kept walking forward, towards the Mayor's house. He should be home, right?

Madge answered the door, buttercup was cradled in her arms. Emotions instantly swarmed around me, the cat was too much to handle right now. I wouldn't let her take over my memories right now. I took a shuddering deep breath. Peeta besides me was tight and strained. Bags were underneath his eyes, once again my eyes wet in the corners. "Is your father here?" I ask urgently. "He has to be" Peeta mutters hastily. I nod in agreement, he must. "Yes, come in. Nice to see you Katniss...Peeta" she said, smiling. Was Madge even aware of what was going on? Did Mayor Undersee not share the terrible news. Was he always lying to his very own daughter? It was just to keep her safe, to not worry; I reassured myself. I felt better once we entered through his door, to his office. His head was in his hands, Madge looked that way her eyes turned sad. Then she looked at us, turning slightly brighter. I winced at the way she handled things--it remind me to much of her. It stabbed me in a painful way, I took a deep breath. "Dad" she said lowly. She shook him. "Gah!" he said, arms flying up. Once he saw us with alarmed widened eyes they calmed a bit. They became troubled when they focused more on my pained expression. "Honey Madge--go make us something" he said tightly. Undersee obviously didn't want her to know. She looked at me and Peeta back and forth before leaving. Once the door closed I immediately spoke, not caring if she heard spinets of my harsh words. "What the hell is going on? Tell me right now!" I screeched. He flinched at my tone, his eyes were grave. I took his features in all at once, he looked a year older maybe, it wasn't possible. But he looked as if he was a whole different person. "Katniss the people we took to District 13 are here. They apologized. There being watched. And about what you heard..." he was talking about the news of Plutarch. "I'm so sorry.. He was speaking to much about you. He wanted them to die. He--was getting old Katniss...I mean I'm not saying he should of died.... The citizens were outraged...you should of hear what he said. He was practically spitting..." he said. And then he finishes in a whisper. "Here..." he digs in his pocket, stomach twisting I immediately know what it is. "He wrote a letter for you." Peeta tensed behind me, I sat in a chair carefully opening it to the sloppily scrawled words in a dark ink pen.

Dear Katniss,

I hope you don't miss me too much. You don't have to worry about me. I miss you Mockingjay. District 13 also misses you dearly. You don't deserve any of this after what you've been through. They don't understand what it's like to be in the games. Let's show them how it feels. Please agree with me, have a seventy-sixth annual Hunger Games with me. Just the crowd of the District 12 citizens. It's only a few. And we will make sure to add a few Capitol citizens as well. We will show them Katniss. We will. Will you join me?

The last words were in a rushed looking sloppy writing. I hadn't realized my hands were trembling until I began to read it again. "P-Peeta did you read it?" I ask, my voice was a low croak. He nods his face looks grave. I will not join you! Never. "Have you agreed to this?" I ask, hysteria threatens to form from my throat. "Yes" he answers, and I scream.

Wow I was pretty amazed at how well I wrote. I had an awesome idea just pop out of no where.

I began to type like crazy.

I couldn't stop. Did you like it?

To my most beloved reader:

THGfinnick4life