THE END

I lied in bed with Peeta, my head against my favored spot; the place where his heart beat. The window was open, much how Peeta liked, the curtains blew in the cool wind and I felt it like a slap of ice. The silky nightgown was revealing my legs, I moved closer to Peeta and fell asleep.

                                                                                  ............................

It was a month later after our arrival and I could finally sleep well without a doubt that we were safe. Paylor had called me last week telling me wonderful news. District 12 was peaceful. All the rebels against me were put to the Capital's jail, the decision made by the Capital's new and finest leaders; Jack and Johanna Mason. I was so proud of them, and it was also disappointing that they didn't live across from us anymore in Victor's Village. Even President Snow's family  was kept under surveillance at the Capital  that caused chaos long ago here. They were still rebellious and furious because of Clover's death trial many months ago. I think they'd never get over it because her being the last true bloodline of his era.

The Hunger Games was to never to be played again. It was law and should of been for a long time. Although everyone knew that we'd never have another one.The old arena's were now memorial's, a few that were not destroyed. Flags were put up in honor at each and every Districts main hall with the names of people who died and Victors of all the Hunger Games. The Capital was flourishing again, it was overrun with people like us, from people all over the Districts. People that were born from the Capital were mostly all in prison from rebelling yet again.

People could now live in District 12 and work at the Capital, you got to choose you're job. Everyone made there fair share of allowance, depending on their job. We stayed rich as ever because of the Games. I didn't like to think of that. For now I'd think of my growing family. The way Evan and Ivy had grown, in terrifying ways. Peeta had gray hairs moving in with his beautiful blond hair. His blue eyes were still radiant and filled with life. Even now, when I looked into them they gave me the life and joy I needed. Peeta was everlasting. He was forever and always.

5 years later....

Our children who were in there mid teens ran about on District 12's meadow. Ivy, with two braids in her hair. And Evan with his blond hair. They were dancing in the grass, below in the darkest depths lied history not forgotten. They knew everything now. About how we were so fancy rich, as they called it. Why Peeta screamed in the middle of the night, his mind flowing with it's nightmares.  Why I had so many grand dresses in the closet. The mockingjay suit, along with the pin, and the book Cinna made.

They had opened up to us more than ever. They comforted us whenever the memories came back like a flowing river into our minds. Every year we celebrated those who had been lost. The many many lives that one selfish person decided to throw them all into a blood bath. My nightmares were getting better by the days. They were coming less and less. All the same, they always came. Always. Peeta's hand squeezed mine, as if he knew what I was thinking. I smiled at him, the crinkles in the corner of his eyes deepened as he smiled back. We were getting old. Together.

Ahead, Lilly and Evan sat side by side, laughing together as they blew on dandelion's. Their laughter carried in the wind, sounding like music to me. Peeta rummaged through a bag and he came out with a loaf of warm bread. "To us" he said, breaking it in half. "To us" I repeated, grinning. "Mom! Can you teach me to hunt?" Ivy asked from where she sat, breaking our moment. Her eyes were rounded in curiosity for my answer. She was old enough to learn and being my daughter she would learn fast and be very skilled at it. I stood up, Peeta trailing behind, as we made our way down to the very place it all started. Our journey would never end.

                                                                   THE END OF BOOK 1