Almost Trapped

Two peacekeepers barged in loudly. "Here she is" one said. His electronic voice sent a small shiver to creep up my spine. I bolted between them as they parted, leaving enough space for me to escape. It was such a foolish act that I felt like laughing but my ribs couldn't take it. I looked back twice to find them not on my tail. Where they letting me go? I looked back a third and my ribs twisted with the motion with pain. I couldn't catch a silhouette because my vision faded in and out. When I looked straight it cleared but the pain kept searing. I let out an agonized groan, still running towards the direction of the train station. The train wouldn't be there.

I remembered Paylor's voice crisp and clear just outside the Capitol. I would have to take the train, it couldn't be there. My thoughts began to run haywire, and aimlessly. I ran to the train station but there was no silver train awaiting me. I dialed with a nearby telephone, taking my ten cents. "Haymitch tell your friends I need a ride to the Capitol" I spoke first before he had the chance. "Katniss..." he breathed, and he sounded....pleased. "I'm busy at the moment" he said huskily. I heard a gasp sounding from Effie.My hand that held the phone shook, it almost fell out of my grasp. "HAYMITCH!" I yelled, it echoed around the vacant space sounding sharp. "Alright..alright" he surrenders. "Thank you so much" I thanked him just as Jack showed up. "Jack" I gasped, I hunched over my knees as I dropped the phone. The noise it made on impact made me wince. It sounded so loud. Even Jack's voice. "Katniss" it was only a whisper. I tried so hard to breathe but It wouldn't happen. "Oh Katniss" he said softly, patting my back. I coughed and wheezed " Jack save Panem--get them out." Katniss Mellark could not help them. She was injured, instead she had other's do the things she wanted to do. He nodded and turned around, hand up against his ear. He was on the phone probably contacting the hospital to come get the wrecked Katniss. I tried to listen in but the world around me was blotching up into a swirling mass of darkness......

Two hours later....

I woke, gasping for air. The oxygen tickled my nose, I took in the cool crisp oxygen. It smelled fresh and I wanted more. "Katniss relax!" Peeta said. My head jerked to the source of the angelic sound. I saw him with mother besides him, the kids were startled. They were looking afraid. I opened my mouth to say I love you Peeta. But my breathe I took stung my raw throat. I wanted to so badly talk, to speak to Peeta. I mouthed water four times until someone understood. He came back with it, the glass sweated so I was careful to hold it as I took three small sips. Then another until it was finished. A nurse came in, the one I recognized that had the dark hair. She was wearing something different today, a badge. And her name was Lush. I pointed soundlessly at the name tag. This wasn't the real doctor that almost created a new revolution and almost killed the mayor, was it? She was dead, right? "Oh no Katniss this is why I didn't want to wear it when I came in--I forgot. I'm not the real Lush" she said softly. There was something that flicked in her eyes, but it disappeared before I could name it. Peeta looked a bit relieved to see me calmed. "When will she be able to talk?" Peeta asks. "Talk? She should be able to talk now" she said, laughing lightly. "Try to talk" Ivy spoke up sweetly. I smiled at her halfheartedly. "I---love---you--Ivy" I rasped. I cleared my throat and I began to realize I was starving. "I'm hungry" I said.

I had my voice back.

Sorry if that was lame. And thought that was really Lush? haha! got you! I may not update for a while because I'm going through all of my chapters, fixing things, and adding to improve my story! I hope you don't mind! ;)

I won't be away for long.

Do you think Jack will save Panem? Or will he die trying? Will others team up with him? Will Katniss help, or is she to injured? Healing takes time--but there is no time to wait.