Mind Reeling

My mind reels as i sit shaking my leg un patiently. In the waiting room i bite down on my tongue lip til it bleeds. My mother is looking at me concerned Ivy and Evan are preoccupied with toys they have laid out in the corner of the room. She places he hand on my knee, trying to calm me down. She smooths my leg massaging my knee. "Katniss he's going to be alright" she said. I look up to her giving me one of those half smiles that is plastered with nervousness. She smirks. "Trust me" she said. "He'll be out shortly" she said, taking a look at her watch.

....................

"He should be out about....now" my mom said casually. I smile at her, Ivy and Evan slouched on the couch perk up. I hear footsteps. I turn around to see Peeta coming towards looking so much better. The doctor behind him has a friendly smile on. "He is well now" he said. He takes a piece of paper off his clipboard handing it to me. "Mr.s Mellark your husband passes out due to a---seizure. It was found in the brain. I've found some effects in his nervous system and his-brain" he said giving me a wry smile. I almost drop the paper clenched in my hand. "Okay well can it happen again?" i ask quickly. "Yes but- he now has to take pills for the rest of his life twice a day every week. If he doesn't he could risk--death or more seizures if he has any more than two he may be on the last-strike" he said. "Oh my god" i hiss under my breath. I look at Peeta he notices, he looks up his face is un readable. I almost feel like crying. I love him so much if he died i wouldn't ever know what to do with my life-ever.

"Peeta you better take those pills or so help me God!" i said, coming close to tears. "Katniss i will never go a day without taking those pills" he said his voice wavering.My mother behind us blinks, her face is readable. Her face is sad and worried. "Let me make dinner" she said. "Thanks, that' ll help" i said. The kids run into there room giggling, let those children go off and have there own time i think. God i love them to death though.

I hear a knock on the door the moment i sit down. i stand. "I'll get it" peeta said striding towards the door. He opens the door letting the gust of cool air enter in. I smell leaves and the smell of burning wood. The smell of fall, i take a deep breath. "Katniss?" Johanna's disembodied voice says. "Johanna!" i yell. She comes in wearing shorts and a raggedy shirt. "Johanna oh my you need a stylist" i said laughing. "Oh my gosh i know, I've been so-laid back lately" she said. "So Peeta i saw earlier--what the heck happened?" she asks sitting back. My mother in the kitchen hisses as i hear a clank. "Mom you all right?" i ask her. "Yep" she said.

"Don't even ask!" i said. Peeta looks at the ground frowning. "Alright pretend i didn't ask" she said grinning. "Why are you grinning?" i ask. "I smell those--cheese buns!!" she said excitedly, she jumps up off the chair. She runs into the kitchen, my mother turns her smile full of amusement. I sit next to Peeta laughing. He starts to laugh as Johanna takes a huge bite. Just what we need is company more often, defiantly get's the family all cheery.

I did this late at night so if you find any run ons or repeats, any mistakes feel free to tell me! :) Thanks

I did this just for you---Katnissmellark675 Jordan

*Oh and i know what a lame ending i wanted to go to bed i was EXHAUSTED! I'll add to it later!! Goodnight!! - 10/16/15 9:34 PM *