Here again

The harsh ray's of pristine white light filter through my vision. It awakens me, filling my nerves with energy. I'm alive, I think. I blink and I can see Peeta's worried face, his forehead wrinkles from the pain. The energy simmers down. I reach to smooth that pain off of his face, but I gasp in shock as pain courses all through out my body. Like it's telling me, no Peeta!. "Katniss!" he gasps, and I try to catch my breath. Suddenly I feel everything, the clothes I wear, the tubes in my body, and a breathing tube in my nose. My fingers crawl first to my nose but his strong hands pull them back down. I look at him in a worried silent exasperated look. The bed seems to sink underneath my weight. I try to say something but a nurse interrupts, I wasn't sure if I tried any word would come out. "Is she all right?" a woman says. I see her in pale blue scrubs with dark red hair pulled up into a sloppy bun. She hovers over me with a slightly worried expression, a smile dances along her lips. "I'm fine" I rasp. The moment I said a word Peeta's head snapped up. I tried to smile for him but I was so weak. I didn't know why so I tried with all the strength I had to ask " What's wrong with me?." Peeta flinches and I wish I hadn't asked, but I must know. "Your in after shock" she replies then finishes hastily as a beeping noise sounds "Which is nothing to worry about, you'll recover soon" She speaks into a wrist band "Katniss is awake. Yes. No! Okay. I'm on my way" she hurries out the door without a last glance back at me. "Why do I have these tubes in me?!" I ask,voice cracking. "You had trouble breathing" he replies. Trouble breathing?! He answers "You fell onto something, you cracked your ribs. But your on pain medications so you don't feel a thing. If you do make sure you tell me." The scene fills behind my eye lids from hours ago. Why didn't the nurse tell me?! She must be busy with more important people on her hands. I lift up my hospital gown and see the purple bruises a little below my breasts. Splotches cover most of my stomach, with light green-ish blue. I suck in my breath, which sounds raspy. I touch it lightly with the tip of my finger tips, a small sting jerks my hand back. I pull my gown down and gaze at Peeta.

Peeta stalks over to me momentarily, taking my hands. "Peeta" I croak. Suddenly without another word his lips press onto mine softly and in this instant it was like I wasn't exhausted before but a new person. I part my lips with his, him tasting like salt. His hand slips behind my hand the other cups my neck. I stagger up, Peeta helps me his hand reassuringly steadying me into a sitting position. At the corner of my eye I see his leg reach to close the door. His kisses become furious and hungry like he hasn't kissed me in years. It felt like it. The familiar ache grows stronger, the want for him. His hand goes through my hair and stays there for a small moment before trailing down to my legs. I gasp as his cool hands touch my bare thighs. I murmur-voice back- "Peeta...Peeta." "Katniss...." he groans. I press him closer to me so tight that he almost becomes a part of me--fitting like a perfect puzzle piece. He crawls into my bed with me and I relax, lying down. A knock on the door sounds, Peeta with a mad expression gets off of me fastly, untangling himself from me. I reach for his hand, not wanting him to go. "I'm not letting you go" he says huskily. "Come in" he said.

The door opens with Ivy, Evan, Mom, Effie, Haymitch, Jack, and Johanna. "Wow aren't I special" I mutter hastily, I can't help but smile. Peeta chuckles. Ivy and Evan go to opposite sides of the bed hands on my arm. "Hey sweetheart" I say to both of them. I kiss there cheeks. "Mummy I missed you" Ivy said. "I missed you to honey" I reply. Everyone else hugs me except Jack, which is fine, I understand that. Jack smiles at me lastly, which does not meet his eyes. Once everyone finds us locking eyes they become silent. "Something's wrong...isn't it?" I ask voice trembling like my hands.

He answers coldly "The games are starting soon"