Day 2

I woke up to the feel of someone's lips in a place far far away. And the distant taste of chocolate. My eyes fluttered open to a soft morning glow and Peeta was besides me, still sleeping, his mouth parted. I could tell this morning would be great. I'd hunt to today, what I usually wanted to do every morning, but I had other important things to do. I leaned against his shoulder, listening to his calm breathing. Suddenly he jerked awake, and our heads clashed together. The room around me was ringing and my body was suddenly swaying off the bed. A slow moan came out of my shocked open mouth. "I'm sorry Katniss. I was having a dream." "You were having a dream? A good one or a bad one?" I asked, listening to the blaring ringing in my ear. I tried to shake it off and it slowly evaporated after. He got off the bed and I saw in the light that his forehead had some sweaty beads. "Bad" he whispered, I wouldn't ask what. Usually when we sleep together we sleep in peace. That isn't always the case. I went over to him carefully to wipe it off. "You shouldn't of done that to me Peeta, next time I want you to take some with me" I said. His eyes darkened a little, catching him on his crime. He couldn't look at me. "It's okay Peeta" I whispered. It really was okay, he was only caring for me. He looked up at me now, nodding "Okay." He took my hand and leaded me to the open kitchen. 

Breakfast was already made, I caught scents of--raspberries--flour--and honey. And something else, I couldn't quite pinpoint it. It was all put together in one pile of pancakes with a creamy white whip. A cup of orange juice and two plates were besides the pile. "Peeta this wonderful" I said, taking a large savory bite into a pancake without a plate or silverware. I was so hungry. He grinned, already having a mouthful of it. "You need to cook more often Peeta, not me" I stated, going back to home when I would usually cook for the kiddos before school. Our children. A small pang of weariness came into my motherly senses. I forgot the plate, juice, and eating and said"I'm going to call my mother and see if thing's are holding up"to Peeta, while he sat next to me. I hurriedly looked for a telephone anywhere, and wondered if there was any reception to even call anyone. I found it just as Peeta came into the room with two plates and our jucies, he sat at the living room table. I paced the room as I waited for anyone to pick up, looking out at the beautiful view the large glass window allowed me to see. A crack of silence broke and I jumped at the sound of her voice. "Mom?!" "Katniss darling are you okay?" my mother sounded worried, I got her on the wrong note. "Yes. I'm fine, everything is so wonderful here. I couldn't of asked for something better than this..." enough of the honeymoon "How are the kids?" I asked. "Oh they just headed off to Effie's for homeschooling. District 12 is wondering where you two are.." she chuckled. An icy chill crept up my spine "Why?" I questioned. "Don't know" but the sound of her voice made it sound important. "Mom" I begged. "Katniss enjoy your day." she said and ended the call. It's winter there now, so maybe the poor citizens are asking for game. That's all it is. 

I sat on the white spotless couch next to Peeta and finally ate with silverware, I forced myself to not shake. I lied to Peeta. I told him "The kids are doing great! They were heading off to school at Effie's." He believed it. With a smile. It was day two. Only two more.