Open

As I opened the door, Peeta grabbed my hand. No one was out yet, so we had our luggage in hand and walked to the train station. There were a few people standing outside the doors, Peeta hurriedly asked if we could take the train back to twelve. They said yes but we would have to be hurry, the trains are actually safe in storms. We bolted inside throwing our stuff on the furniture. I was so happy to be safe now with Peeta, and to be heading back to our family-- to the storm. I wonder if Haynitch is okay, has the storm hit them yet? Hopefully not I want to make it in time to be some what safe for a bit. They did say it was heading there fast. Someone calls my name. "Katniss"?

I look at Peeta mumbling sorry. "What's the matter?" he asks. "Nothing just.... thinking" I said. I was out of it and I still feel out of it. I doze off looking outside. Outside I can see in the distance or deep into wood a tree has fallen, and branches scattered on the ground. The sun peaks behind the menacing dark clouds. Ahead I can see is darker then back and above us. I swallow, was it a tornado or a severe windy storm with rumbling thunder. Peeta is looking at me in a worried way. He's always worried I wish I could keep him from worrying so much it bothers me in a sad way. But that's just Peeta he's kind, sweet, and generous. I love him........

When we make it back to twelve we run fast back as it rains heavily. We bolt inside slodding on the wooden floor. "Katniss!" mom yells from down in the basement. We rush down in the lantern lit room. The small old TV is on broadcasting live from thirteen saying a tornado is over us in twelve. It also, from the map is over two and three. It spreads widely in an odd formation of dark red on the lit up map. Ivy and Evan run over to us from there small corner filled with stuffed animals and long blankets, creating a safe little fort. They hug us both for a while, I wish they would hug us until we slept. They go back to playing in there corner, I look around. The room has a old musty smell to it. There two beds one is a twin and King. I didn't know we had two down here or any. Between the two is thick blankets with a sleeping bag. "When did we ever have beds down here?" I ask my mom and Peeta. Mom gives us a blanket. They look at each other, smugged. "Haymitch" Peeta said. "Really? When?" I ask. "About a week ago" he said smirking. "Why are you guys so laughy about?" I ask them. Mom shrugs. "Oh just that you didn't notice" he said. " How did I not?!" I ask throwing my hands in the air. Thunder strikes somewhere nearby. I jump. The conversation is being dragged, and is now sounding tired. I yawn, Peeta looks at me. I give him a smile and lean my head on his shoulder, sitting on the carpeted floor.

PLEASE VOTE 😭😭

❤️Katnissmellark675