Mockingjay

I wake up tangled with Peeta. He doesn't even budge as i get up unwrapping his arms and legs intertwined with mine. The sunlight peeks through the window, silently i pull the blind so Peeta won't wake up to the harsh sun rays. I hear chattering, i walk towards the living room. The kids door is still closed. Then why am i hearing talking? Suddenly the talking stops. I check the time in the hallway it, i read; 7:30. I woke up pretty early i usually sleep till eight. Then it hits me, the kids have school today. "Oh no" i mutter to myself. "I got it under control" she said, i look back at my mom. "No I'm there mom i got it. Thanks a lot though" i said, she doesn't even frown she nods.

I flip the blankets off the kids, they stir. "Wake up!" i yell. They jump up, startled when they see me they giggle. "Enough of the horseplay get dressed you guys got school!" i said. They don't even move, they just blink. "Well what are you waiting for?" i ask, then they get off there butts and thrash around for there clothes. I walk out, smelling the brewing of coffee. I chuckle to myself, kids. "Well what are you so happy about?" my mom asks, giving me a smirk. "Oh i just forgot how fun it is to have kids" i said. "I haven't really spent time with them lately, you know- you taking over and stuff" i said. A warmness sweeps inside as i remember our decision, then to see them alive in my hands. Then now, it's amazing to see them grow up. Then in years to come, I'll have to let them go. Me and Peeta will be on our for the rest of our lives. Then later on they'll have kids and we'll have presents to buy. And houses to go to for holidays. I smile imaging it. "Oh i know the joy of it all" she said handing me a steaming cup of coffee. "Well mine as well make pancakes while the coffee cools" i said, setting it aside.

"Thank you mom" Ivy said taking large amounts of pancake. "Your welcome, thanks for manners" i said, but mutter the last part. My mom almost bursts out laughing. "You taught them well" she said. "You taught us well to" i said, then remember her. A familiar stab in the heart makes me shudder a breath. She looks down at her pancakes, then puts a strand of her gray and blond hair behind her ears. Peeta comes out moments later, yawning. He looks around, a little confused why they kids are dressed. Normally they wouldn't change into clothes until we went out and did something. "Oh that's right. School" Peeta said. "Yea i forgot to" i said.

We drop off the kids, then head towards the meadow. The meadow of memories. Good ones, then some bad ones. One; grave. I shudder. We sit down, the suns rays warm me up. In Peeta's arms i unwrap myself, i hear a mockingjay. I haven't heard a mockingjay since..since. "What is it Katniss?" he asks, alarmed. "Its..It's a mockingjay" i stammer.