Mayor

The hospital was busy as we all went in. Everyone was staring at us for some reason. Was it because Madge was with us or Jack? Whatever the reason was it was annoying me. Then moments later they all stopped, there eyes went towards banging. Down the hall i hear people yelling, i back up. I then have the urge to back up and run out of here with Peeta. I notice that Peeta's jaw is clenched and his face shows the urge to go. "I'll go up to the front desk" Madge said. I look at the clocks on the wall they all read; 2:40. "Oh no Peeta! We have to pick up the kids! Johanna do you mind staying with her?" i ask. Peeta grabs my hand. "Oh sure ya I'll stay" Johanna said. She gives us each a hug, Jack shakes Peeta's hand. I shake his without making any eye contact what so ever. We shake for what seems a long time. He releases my hand, looking a bit flabbergasted. Peeta looks at him weirdly. Johanna clears her throat and then I know it's time to go.

Right when we make it outside I tell Peeta what was on my mind when Jack shook my hand. "Well that was just weird. The way he shook my hand" i said. Peeta nods in agreement. "Maybe he feels bad for you, he may just be acting nice" he said. Which i find true. "That could be it- but did you see his face after?" i said, a bit confused myself. "Well maybe he has a thing for you" Peeta said not in an amused way, wiggling his eyebrows. "Oh please!" i said. "The only person i love is you" i said. Peeta smiles, i smile back. We head in the direction of the school. "Hey you know what we need to get after we get the kids is that tea!" i said. "That sounds perfect" he said.

The kids jump up and down, cheering, "FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY!". I laugh. Peeta besides me tenses. "What is it?" i ask. "Somethings going on at the jail" he said, pointing. Then i see it; i see people scrambling all over the place, one person has a gun. I gasp. Peeta grabs Ivy, and i grab Evan. I hear distant shouts. "Maybe next time we'll get the tea" i tell Peeta. Ivy trips in Peeta's hands. He quickly picks her back up gently. She starts to cry. "Hey! Ivy shh it's okay" i said. She stops crying, sniffing. "Sorry Ivy" Peeta apologizes. "Hey it's fine. Not your fault." i said quickly. He glances at me. The shouts become louder, and Peeta picks Ivy up. "Come on Katniss" Peeta said. I pick up sniffling Evan and run.