Fine dinning

Me and Peeta enjoy a meal we cooked together by instructions in a packet that has been laid out for us. My mother knew I wouldn't of liked to of been served by anyone, even someone I know. It brings back too many memories that need to be forgotten. We made Lamb Stew, my most favorite meal in the world, and we sit outside now in the relaxing mild air. All is in silence except the sounds our silverware make against our bowls. I dip my roll, Peeta's specialty, into the warm liquid. I close my eyes against all the harsh memories of the games, of what this stupid stew brings back. Peeta too, and he seems to realize what I'm thinking. Going through the same experiences, we are one whole, in one tragic piece. Peeta clears his throat, which gets me out of my clogging thoughts. I jump a little, by the noise he has let out in the stilling silence. I wrap myself tighter in my blanket, feeling small. I look at his bright blue eyes and say "Desert?" He smirks "I'll be back." While he leaves I think of everything that has happened in the past into where I am now. It's a little blur, but suddenly I'm shaking by the mortifying memories that I race back into the now. I miss my children.

Peeta comes out with a slice of rich chocolate cake and vanilla icing. He hands me a warm cup of milk with honey, that will surely make me fall to sleep in an instant after contained. "Thanks" I say, my voice sounding so loud in the silence. I lean back against the chair while Peeta inspects his cake, admiring it's art. I look out onto the moving water and past it, into the dark rain forest. I hear a bird or some sort of animal call out into the distance. And then--a wolf or a lupine species. "It's so beautiful out here" I whisper. Peeta looks at me, and I feel his eyes on me like a warm buzz. "It is Katniss. Tomorrow we will hike through there...are you scared?" he says. His question baffles me. "No, of course not" I said, my voice cracked. "You can hunt, it'll be something new other than District 12" he says, encouraging me to forget all my scared memories. My shakes have become more controlled now, my milk that is now all in my stomach is calming my nerves. My eyes droop, my feet becoming numb. My words are slurred when I say "I'd love to hunt." He put sleeping syrup in the milk! No wonder it had such a strange taste. He wanted me to sleep in a silent forced tranquil. I swear he apologized in a sweet whisper, his chocolate lips all over mine.

All was silent. Calm. Peaceful. Blissful. For once.

AN: I'M SORRY THAT I HAVEN'T UPDATED THIS IS IN SO LONG!! I'VE BEEN SO BUSY WITH SCHOOL AND MY LIFE THAT I HAVEN'T HAD TIME EVEN TO GO ON MY WATTPAD APP SO OFTEN. Sorry for yelling. I felt like that was necessary. lol. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed!!