"Killing them"

I thought I dreamed before. But it was reality and I had to step into it again. There was no reason in the book not to go and do something. So I doubtfully crawled out of bed and onto the floor, I stood feeling slightly dizzy. I could smell cookies-again and the familiar tea. Johanna was my first thought. I entered through the kitchen to find Johanna and Peeta quietly talking while the kids are tucked in bed.

"Kat-" a quiet voice speaks but stops because I enter midway through there conversation. Peeta looks up at me with curious but cautious eyes. I stand next to him, taking his hand. I turn to face him. "Peeta you heard what Jack said we have to do something" I plead. His eyes cloud with anger and frustration "Katniss I really think you should let Jack deal with it. You've gone through enough" his last sentence was dark and low. "Jack's dealing with it?" I ask him and to get approval I look at Johanna and she nods without finding my eyes. "I need to help him!" I protest. My veins course with familiar adrenaline, I need to leave. It pumps all throughout my body having me running through the door while I pull on my boots and jacket. Hopping outside wasn't the fastest escape so Peeta easily caught up to me. He wasn't letting me go. He never would. "I'm coming with you" he said, he's given up on my part of leaving. I almost smiled at that but It wasn't the time, so I began to run again.

"Johanna's going to take care of the kids" he said. I didn't like the thought considering Johanna didn't like children. He saw my expression and added "She'll be good, plus your mom might stop over". We stopped right out front of the police--or peacekeeper station to find it completely dead. "We have to take the train then...or..or" I started and I was lost for words. We headed to the train tracks, the station was dead to. "Peeta they are taking them to District 13" I said the cold air forms my words in the air. In the moon I could see a big figure down the long stretch of tracks. And now he was coming our way.

To be continued....