At the door

At the door stood peacekeepers. "Katniss Everdeen, come with us" one of them spoke. Everdeen? Peeta took notice, correcting them nicely. They nodded curtly, and apologized. Peeta tensed, not out of sight, but I felt it as I held his hand. His jaw was clenched. He was nervous just as much as I was. "Where are we headed to?" I question. "The city hall.... We have both bad and good news" one man said. "Jack is pronounced dead. But you know what, I'm not even sure that's true. Don't believe rumors". "Then why did you bother telling us?" I ask, with a snap. He was just trying to be nice. Honest. "Sorry" I mutter. We can't tell Johanna this. She would go insane. She'd probably kill anyone in her way, literally. She loved him so much, it was--insane. I loved Peeta so much but ours is different. Everyone's love is different, in many good ways. Everyone is shaped from love. Johanna never seemed to be the girl to actually get married or have kids. She seemed the one to stand proud; to be single. "So what's the good news?" Peeta asked. "Your child is here" Peeta dragged him to walk forward-faster. My heart pounded, eager to see him. I felt like galloping there, like Ivy. His talkie came alive with static then a clear voice; "Sir". He dug for it out of his pants. He grabbed it, his face grew out with a small smile. "What is it commander?" "They are heading to the hospital"

We headed to the hospital. Which is pretty far from the town hall. The wind picked up, whipping my loose hair around. In my face. Annoyed, I let out a very low protesting growl. I pulled my hair into a pony tail. We entered in the hospital and on one of the nearest hospital beds was our child; Evan Mellark.

~~~~

"Honey....." I breathed, I tried to stop my voice from shaking. The lump in my throat grew bigger as I realized he wasn't just hurt. He was badly injured. Burned. He was like me now. Soon he will have similar scars like mine. But not as bad. Evan wasn't consumed by scars. His eyes were closed so I took the chance to look away."Fire" One of the doctors explained. "We have to take him" he continued. I nodded silently, while turning. Momma probably shouldn't give him a kiss on his burnt forehead. Some of his hair was gone, I noticed. I choked on my swelled throat and let out a soft muffled cry. I covered my mouth with my hand. Peeta pulled me into a hug and we sat--waiting.