Almost home

"Mommy are we almost home?" Evan complains. "Yes we are almost home" i say snuggling with him in bed. Peeta and Ivy have went into the kitchen car to make them warm milk. And Evan can't stop complaining about it. "Here let's go and help your father and sister on making you two some warm milk" i say getting up. He jumps off the bed thudding to the ground he falls. He laughs. I pick him up. "come on" i laugh. It's late at night and these kids are wide awake. As i spot my mom sipping on tea while talking to Johanna i tell Evan to find them. "What have you been doing with my children?! There wide awake late at night!" i say to my mom, on the serious note all i really want to do is relax. I love them  but mommy needs to to relax. "Honey i was putting them to bed at six" she says. "Six?" i say, Johanna pulls her eyebrows together he mouth shapes a 'O'. "Wow mom that's super early in my household i put them to bed at eight" i say. "Well sorry honey" she says apologetically. i sigh. "Its fine i just wanted to come home and relax there off the walls!" i say.

The kids sit down next to me and Johanna. Peeta comes with two muffins in hand. The kids lie facing the window drinking there steaming milk. "Here you want one?" Peeta asks with the muffins in hand. "Oh yes! I'm starving. I didn't eat dinner or breakfast back in thirteen" i say. I unwrap the muffin, Peeta sits beside me nibbling on his. I take a huge bite out of mine. In a couple more I'm finished. "Where did  you get these?" i ask my belly grumbling for more. "Here I'll show you" he says getting up. We go to the next train car. One table is covered in trays of shiny, chunky glistening bits of glittery sugar. Blueberry, cinnamon, strawberry, chocolate, i inhale it all taking four more.

The kids are asleep by time we make it to the other train car. The kids have pillows below there heads and blankets. My mom, Effie, and Johanna are no where to be found.