Mind Reeling *continued*

"These cheese buns are soooo good! I could eat a dozen!" Johanna exclaims. She beams at me, taking a huge bite. She now looks like a chipmunk, stuffing herself with acorns. "She sure is in a good mood" peeta said. "Yea I'm surprised you know? When we first met her she wasn't like this now she's--different" i said. Peeta nods. "Yea I'm a little creeped out" he said, humorously. I chuckle. "She may be hanging around Haymitch to much" i said. Peeta laughs shaking my body. I start to laugh to, joy swells in my heart. It seems as if the seizure is gone but it still reels in my mind like fire.

"Ivy!" Evan yells. "What" Ivy said flatly. Ivy's dimples grow bigger as she smiles at her brother. Peeta and I watch them with the slightest bit of curiosity. They rush back to their rooms, obviously playing some game. I hear there muffled voices, not being able to make them out who's who and what there saying. "Dinner's ready!" my mom yells to the kids. "Well thank you Ms.Everdeen i should go now" Johanna said taking one more cheese bun. "Oh no you can stay , we don't mind at all" peeta said, as i opened my mouth to say she could stay to. "Thanks" she said sitting down at the table set out with plates and silverware. My mother in the kitchen dim lit kitchen places iced water near each plate. I sit down besides Johanna, peeta sits in front of me. Peeta takes out his pills, my heart drops and my blood runs cold. He takes two and i can tell by his face that he knows I'm looking at him like he's about to die. My mother brings out chicken, stuffing, rolls, and beans. "Thank you so much mother. Reminds me of thanksgiving dinner" i said. She smiles.

The kids come out running to a halt before the chairs. They plop down taking huge chunks of chicken. The slice some pieces of surprisingly using knives and forks. They put the renaming chicken back then get stuffing. I do the same, mimicking them. Johanna's face is amused. "Wow your children have some. After Peeta swallows his last pill he reaches for the chicken. I take a bit of the steaming beans, the stuffing and the chicken. Chicken, tender. Beans, tender and moist. Rolls, doughy, warm, and buttery.

We all sit near the fire, stuffed. Ivy and Evan are on the couch snuggled together, there eyes barely open. "Wow that was a lot to eat!" Johanna exclaims taking a bite of a sugar cookie. "Yea so much that i can't eat any dessert!" i said eyeing her. "Hey! I have to eat to dessert!" she said, finishing the cookie. My mother smiles, then closes her eyes. Her breathing becomes slower. Peeta besides me, hand in hand lies his head on my shoulder. Johanna chuckles quietly. "Wow looks like everyone is going to sleep!" she said. "I know usually this is what would happen after thanksgiving" i said. "I've never had a thanksgiving dinner" Johanna said flatly. She pulls her hair back behind her ears.

She flushes a little. She coughs. "Well your invited every year" i said resting my head on Peeta's. She smiles. "Thanks Katniss" she said in a hushed voice. "Well i should be off now" she said. "Okay" i said. "See you later" i said. She opens the door. "See ya!" she said. She closes the door lightly.
Peeta moves. "Hey" i whisper. "Hey" he whispers back. "You want to go to bed?" i ask him. He gets up then reaches out for my hand. I gladly take it.

He steps in the room then quickly takes me in his arms. We haven't had much alone time and I'm glad it' s not now. He presses his forehead against mine. He lowers his head then angling to kiss me the way i like. His cold lips press against mine my heart flaps like a birds wings. His arms find my waist, my hands take his hands. We lie on the bed next to each other our arms wrapped around each other. I smile as he kisses me again. After a long while we fall asleep.