Safe? I don't think so

"Safe? I don't think so" Jack said. "What about our kids, Jack?" I ask. Ivy and Evan stand side by side looking scared. "Home school them" he suggests matter-oh-factly. "I'll home school them" Effie said, who just arrived a minute ago. I looked at her, baffled. "What?" she waves her hands in the air like, don't look at me like that. Peeta nods, agreeing to Effie's commitment. "Alright, that'll work" he adds before leaving into the kitchen to make lunch. I hear the door open and Haymitch comes in, his eyes go to Effie first before coming to me. Haymitch looks at my face and back to Effies. I explain "She agreed to home school my children." Haymitch gapes at her "Really Effie." "My children's education matters" I insist. "Yes. It does. And you shouldn't mind it" Effie said sternly. "I don't it's just--" Haymitch stops before he says something. "I'm glad your fine with it" I said, reaching to give him a hug. I need a hug. He tenses at first, and finally his arms wrap around me, patting my back. I pull away and his eyes are lit up. "Children" he muses, opening his arm for them. Ivy giggles and Evan shy's away. I laugh at Evan, Peeta's child, he would never be shy. He's so outgoing, kind, and generous. He knows him. But the fact that they know is that the last time they really saw Haymitch was when Evan fell, Haymitch was drunk. I began to realize he came over sober every day. And when that happened he didn't seem to care about them.

"Peeta" I said. He turns around, taking his shirt off. He reaches on the bed, where a shirt lies. I stop his hand. He smiles up at me, suddenly angling his head. His lips press against mind slowly. I smooth over his built muscles on his formed stomach. He seems to like, letting out a low moan. His lips part while mine does too. I taste salt and sweat mixed with the sweet dough-like smell of Peeta. I almost pulled back thinking of the bakery. I'm sure it's alright, his parents should be running it. I need to stop thinking of my life and live in the now. He laughs. And I laugh along, he topples onto me. The bed complains, groaning lowly. He reaches for my shirt to take it off but we have things to do. I stop him he lets out a low complaint. I press a finger onto his lips, promising: "Later." He gets off of me slowly, and he takes his shirt, slipping it on. I still lie, my hands behind me, keeping me up. I wanted more, a voice whispers in the back of my head. I always want more.

A knock sounds on the door, Peeta walks to the door, the door opens anyways. My heart pounds for some reason, like they'd see what we did. My shirt hung below my shoulders, I hadn't realized. I fixed it fast, before Ivy and Evan could see. " We are going to school" they announce, almost in a synchronize way. "That's great!" I said enthusiastically. Peeta takes Ivy and I take Evan, swinging him in the air like a hovercraft. His eyes lit up, like a match burning in the dark. He giggles as I set him on the bed to give him a kiss on his forehead. "Can you do my hair?" a sweet voice asks me. She stands, her legs crossed. My heart skips a beat, Ivy. I loved her so much. She was so beautiful. "Of course, sit in the chair" I said, pulling up a wooden chair. Peeta hands me a comb and I do her hair.

"Bye!" I wave them goodbye. There little back backs swing as they gallop over to Ivy's house. Effie gives me a warm hug, kissing me delicately on the cheek. Abashed, I widened my eyes a little. "You should expect that from me, darling" he said, amused. I smile while Peeta chuckles. She leaves, her dress glowing in the bright morning sun.

Peeta was stroking bright colors on a portrait. In an instant I gasped. It was our children going off to Effie's house, Effie was closer. Her yellow-pink dress was vibrant, the sun shone in the picture just as it did earlier. I smile brightly. "Peeta it's so beautiful!" I exclaim. He turns, not yet finished, he turns back around. "Now that we have the day to ourselves..." he said, finally finishing. I was so into the way his hand stroked the painting, and the way the paint looked all together, that I almost jumped. "We should go to the bakery" I suggest, before he finishes. He smiles, and I take his hand.

YAY! Another update!!

Hope you liked!

I rushed this in during class so there may be mistakes.