Finally we are home

Okay first things first i want to tell you guys thank you so much for reading and voting on my story!!! I have 1K reads you've reached my goal!! I couldn't of done it without you guys, keep reading and please vote. I am also so sorry for not updating in such a long time.... :( i have been super busy.... high school.... Mockingjay part 2 is coming NOV 20th its sooo close!! AHH  *I'm fangirling here* :0 soooo let's get on with the story..........................

Peeta intertwines his warm welcoming hands in mine, the train hulas to a stop. I jerk forward but Peeta's strong arms jerk me back. Evan and Ivy fall over as the train jerks to a stop. They giggle and laugh, and it makes me groan. Right when i get in the house our plan is to put the kids to bed with some sleep medicine. Then we hit the bed and relax....

I jump off the train my luggage in hand. Peeta, Effie, Haymitch, everyone follows me behind. My mother notices my tired unfocused face along with Peeta's. I don't know what made me exhausted it was just--everything--the memories. It hurt- My mother whispers to Peeta, he nods. I give him a questioning look he meets my eyes holding up his finger. "Katniss dear, let me put the kids to bed you two go to bed. Don't worry about them now" she said smiling. "Oh thank you so much" i sigh. The kids frown, after all we are there parents and look what were doing. I should be the one who takes care of them no matter what. But I'm so glad my mom is here to help with the kids, or anything. "Katniss there your kids sweetheart take care of them on your own" Haymitch said. "Oh shut up Haymitch. You never had kids and you never will" i said, a little disgusted. I look back at him rolling his eyes, he twists open a wine bottle. He ushers me to come back. I shake my head. He raises my eyebrows motioning to the wine bottle. "Oh no there's no way I'm drinking anything with you" i mutter.

We enter the main halls entrance, the orange dusk sun shines on the gate. The glare blinds me making me squint my eyes. "Mom do we have to go to bed?" Ivy asks, sadly. "Yes my mom is putting you guys to bed it's late honey" i said. Peeta steps up onto the houses steps taking out the key. He turns the key and shoves the door open. Warm air gusts out. "Hey ivy, Evan, before you go to bed i want you guys to drink some grape juice" i said. I dig in the kitchen cabinet finding the night pills. Peeta helpfully fills two glasses of water. I put the pills in watching them dissolve into a purple cloud of dust. Peeta grabs a spoon, stirring it. I put one ice cube in each of their glasses. "Hey guys come get your grape juice!" i yell out. My mom comes out moments, the kids following her behind. They are each in cozy looking pajamas. I hand Ivy and Evan their drinks, they suspiciously look at it. "This is not grape juice" Ivy mumbles. "Oh yes it is, it's different its supposed to make you stronger" i  said humorously. The gulp it down until none is left. "Okay mom get em' to bed before they pass out on the floor" i said laughing.

Before i go to bed i decide to take a long shower. Getting out in my towel i spot Peeta changing into his pajamas. I don't look at him but it's hard not to--all i see is scars from the past- and those strong muscles that have protected me. He scans me also looking at the light burn marks from long ago. Before any more i change trying not to look quick. I dry my hair into my towel then brush it through the tangles.

I lie next to Peeta taking his hands in mine, he murmurs something. I couldn't make it out, i feel like asking but i don't. Before i can think no more another minute and I'm out.......into a blissful peaceful sleep.......