Beginning of the idea

They were sent to jail before my eyes. They were angered with disgusted looks. I was letting them go into jail without a good reason, I kept silent. Peeta shuffled next to me, becoming uncomfortable with the looks they gave us. I took his hand-silently comforting him. I had the keys in my hands, the ring stayed in my hand. The small noises it made echoed almost silently through the chambers. I was fully aware of what I had to do, but I didn't want to do it. But I had to. Some of them I didn't even want to free. I didn't know how they would like me then, after this. What was there hatred towards me? Hadn't they understood--after everything I've done?! A few tears of anger fell. Control, Katniss. I took a deep shaky breath.

Ivy's friends parents had an unreadable expression when I unlocked there door telling them "Shh! Be quiet". It was the only way to gain there trust, to talk. Or maybe I was becoming delusional. Once I freed the last few people, I realized there weren't many as before. Suddenly peacekeepers came over, grabbing each person. A bewildered look came across Peeta's face. People protested, some growled in confusion. Many were furious. "Wait--What's going on?" I said, stumbling over my words. The peacekeepers were dragging them in the train outside. The mayor came out, his eyes guarding me from any questions I had.

"Mayor Undersee--you better tell me what's going on" I snarled next to him. He gulped. "We're taking them to District 13, some of there hatred for you is not welcome here--or never" he whispered, more like a hiss into my ear. Peeta was leaning in and the mention of District 13 clouded his eyes. I had no reason to be here. So we left.