Thoughts

Ivy shakes me awake, I sit up gently rubbing the sleep off my eyes. I stretch my arms, looking out at the orange glowing field of memories. Some of the fence is missing in front of our house, so it's better and easier to see. I heard a rumor a long time ago that twelve was going to tear down the fence. Ivy tells me "Peeta went to the Mayor's house ma'". I look at her and quickly jump off the bed while taking her hand. "Why?!" I said. "Wai-Wait" she said. I turn her around. "He said not to come, to be safe, and he said tha-that's to not worry either. Guardz escorted him, alzo" she said hesitantly. Her eyes are glittering from the small portion of light filtering in from Peeta's paint room. I smile at her. For being so brave, telling big frantic momma that everything is okay. "I hope so" I mutter to myself. She looks up at me with a small smile. "Let's get you dressed, and that hair done" I said.

Dressing Ivy was always my favorite thing to do when I was stressed or worried. Now was the time I was both. And picking out her favorite sweater dress and hair bow was just enough to make me forget. Evan was always dressed by Peeta, he always had Evan and I always had Ivy. We were a team. Evan is gone. Peeta is too...for the time anyways. "Mom..." Ivy said. I look at her through the mirror. "What honey" I said softly. I set her against my stomach, pulling her leggings up. "You looked sad". Sad. Ivy was always the one to notice these things, she was a caring person much like her father. I stand her up, while grabbing her brush. I groom through her hair, similar to mine. "Hair tie, sweetheart?" I ask her. She grabs it off her side table, next to her bed. Evan's bed is still not done, his bear lies on the ground. His arm is stuck in the air, like a student raising there hand in class. His eyes are shinny, dark, emotionless. Maybe he misses Evan too. I carefully pull her hair back to start the braid...

She twirls and I grin. I grab her into a hug. "Katniss? Hello?!". Effie. "Effie?!". I run out, practically into her. She wears a sweater and dark jeans. Haymitch stands behind her looking pretty sharp to be Haymitch. He wears a nice plain black shirt and some tight looking gray pants. "So sorry about Evan" she whispers. A tear rolls down her cheek. Please not now Effie, I think. I sigh sadly. My throat swells and my first tear rolls down my nose. "Me to, sweetheart. Hope he's okay" Haymitch comes to hug me. I sniff. Haymitch and Effie give Ivy some kisses and hugs. "So how's Johanna?" I ask Effie. She shrugs "Not sure. Not even sure what's gotten into her lately". "Maybe we should all pay her a nice visit" I said, teasingly. Haymitch laughs softly.

Johanna opens the door I was expecting, Oh it's you with the roll of the eyes. But she started to cry. She pulled me into a hug. Everyone squeezed in, Effie closed the door shut. "I'm so sorry Katniss. There are reasons...." she said.

"I'm pregnant" she said. I gape.Jack looks at his feet. He catches my glance. I look away slowly. Something about his eyes are somewhat attracting to me. "Wow. Congratulations!" I said excitedly. "Baby shower?" Effie suggests. Ivy gets up off the couch next to Jack to stand in the window. "Nah! But let's have a hardcore party here" she said. I nod grinning. "MOM!" Ivy yells suddenly. "It's dad" she yells, almost to the reach of screaming. I rush outside into Peeta's arms. "Katniss...they found Gale" he said muffled from my hair. I pull him back to look him in the eyes. His eyes glitter with tears. "They haven't found Evan--yet" he said. "YET?" I said, baffled. "I'm going to talk to him" I said. Peeta looks into my eyes with approving feelings. He steps back as if maybe I might storm into him to walk away. I give him a smile and walk away, hands in my pockets.

...........................................

I walk into his room, fully aware that he is strapped in making me feel safer. He sees me and looks back at me like a deadpan. "Can I have some...alone time?" I ask the guards. They step out. Give me a smile. And close the door. "Where the heck is my son?!" I screech. His face turns aggravated. "In the capitol, stuck somewhere. Somewhere that there is a bomb. You have two days" he said, and it sounded like he was trying not to say the truth. I slap him hard in the face and snarl " Why would you or why are you doing such a thing?! Gale your turning into a monster !". He flinches as if I'd kill him. And he's right...I get on top of him and start to choke him.

My name is Katniss Everdeen. I am from District 12. I won both of the 74th and 75th hunger games. I have a husband, Peeta Mellark. And I have two children; Ivy and Evan. I have killed Gale Hawthorn.