Awake at night

I woke with a start, whimpering from a distant nightmare. Peeta was staring at me from across the room. "I'm alright" I assured him. My voice seemed to never fade. I wasn't all right. His lids closed moments later. I plopped down again and I could hear the tick tick of the clock. Time seemed to of been paused. I kept an eye out for Peeta, seeing when he fell asleep. When he did I crawled out of bed and crept silently out of the door. I shut it as quietly as I could, my shaky breaths rose the heat in my ribs. I cringed at the pain, but I kept walking down the hall, my bare feet slapping against the cold tile.

The office was around the corner of my eye, I saw no nurses or doctors so I ran the fastest my ribs would let me. I scrambled behind someone's desk, hearing click's of someone's high heels on the floor. I held my breathe in then let it out as they faded away. Finding the files, I searched for U's and found him immediately. He was the only patient here that had a last name starting with a U. It said B-9, stabbed in the hip. I hadn't looked where he was stabbed. It surprised me that that was where it happened. It was just an odd place to be begin with, I thought as I walked aimlessly through the dim quiet hall to his room. I opened it and there he was, awake staring at the ceiling.

His eyes darted over to me, he gasped. I must of looked scary. The heart reader beeped dramatically. I tried to make my face emotionless. It didn't work, his lip trembled--heart still beating like a hummingbird's wings. His hand was reaching for the nurse button. "Oh no you don't!" I protest, being gently as ever--pulling his hand down. "Did Jack come to talk to you yet?" I question, as he struggles in my iron gripped grasp. I breathe through my nose loudly, beginning to struggle. "Yes he did... And Mrs. Mellark are you alright?" he asks, shakily. "Oh yea I'm fabulous" I said venomously. He chuckles darkly. "What's so damn funny?" I ask, hysteria bubbles in the back of my throat. The burning comes alive in my ribs now. I struggle more. "Nothing" he says fondly. I squint my eyes. "The games cannot end unless you--" he stabs me in my stomach. I whimper softly. "you stop it"

Unless you stop it. I rush out the door and to the place where I must go.