Normal?

Peeta was gazing at me as I stood, looking out the window. In the long distance I saw the Humvee's buzzing around, peacekeepers too. Ivy stood next to me, her small lip trembling. "Mommy are they okay?" she asks. I look at her with a small smile. "Yes honey" I reply softly. She didn't believe it--she frowned, her eyes unsure. "But there leaving" she continues. "Yes, and there going somewhere safe. Don't worry"I said. She almost interrupted me. "What about my friends?!" she asks, becoming upset. Peeta places his hand on her shoulder. "They're okay..but I'm not sure your going to see them again..unless.." I started to trail off I finished as a whisper "we go to District 13". I could see Peeta tense besides me. "We're sorry Ivy" Peeta apologizes. I look at him, his jaw slightly clenched. "It's all your fault!" she whines, her voice breaks and one small tear rolls down her cheek. Normal? No. Now everyone hates me. I let her go.

Johanna comes over with freshly made tea and oatmeal cookies, settling everything. "Katniss this isn't any of your fault, understand?" she objected my protests. Peeta chewed on his cookie, then delicately dipped it into his steaming cup of tea. He saw me looking, eyes averting to me. His eyes were soft and tender. I just wanted his arms around me... Johanna stopped my train of thought with a loud voice "Understand?". I nodded, my gaze slowly averting to my cookie in hand. "This is all really kind of you Johanna but can we stop talking about this?" I asked her, tensing up. My voice had shown irritation, Johanna noticed putting the conversation aside. "Alright" she mumbled, sulking. Peeta finishes his tea, standing. "Checking on the kids?" I ask. His eyes fill with emotion that I can't name. "Yea, figure they'd want some cookies" he says and leaves. Johanna seemed to of noticed my emotions to. I focused on keeping my face expressionless. She takes my motionless hand on the table. "Katniss I'm sorry. You need to relax. We'll get through this...together" she said, her tone becoming tender. Before I could thank her Jack storms in. And then I realize I should be asking him what's going on.

"Jack what's going on?" I ask him as he sits down. His eyes harden, there colors suddenly frozen. "They're taking them to District 13" he says. I shake my head. "Jack I can tell when people are lying to me I've been in times like this...just tell me..please" my voice became more of a plead. "The mayor is--" he stopped, his voice broke roughly. "Killing them". "What?!" I ask, hysteria was bubbling in the back of my throat. "I'm so sorry, Katniss" he apologizes. Just as Peeta comes in with Ivy and Evan, I break. I collapse to the ground in heaving sobs. It's all my fault. My fault. His arms wrap around me. Voices echo in my ears. Images flash in and out. I could feel myself being torn apart.

Did you like it? Hope you did. Sorry for my absence. My spring break begins tomorrow (3/25/16) and I'm going on vacation I'm trying to update as much as I can!