Being Blamed

The woman was stopped by Johanna, the woman snarled viciously. Her eyes were taunting with a menacing glint in her eyes. Johanna pushed her away, being much stronger. The woman's hair flew around her as she twisted, trying to get Johanna out of her path. Gray hairs streaked through her beautiful blonde hair. "Stop Johanna! STOP!" I yelled while jogging pass Peeta and my children. I rip Johanna's iron grip off of the woman's arm. She looks at me with apologetic eyes then once they meet the mayor's they fill with rage. And Johanna steps aside looking pissed. "Please don't hurt anyone--" I stop before saying anything else because then for some reason her eyes fill with triumph--on something behind me. A yell is my answer, and the mayor's voice. Effie lets out a startled gasp and Haymitch pulls her back with a sad twist of pain showing on his tired worn face. I turn around ever slowly.... And a man with black hair is on top of the Mayor. Tugging him, blood spills, forming a pool that drips onto the ground..over the gray concrete stage. I see a glint of shiny metal in the man's hand and gasp--out loud. The blood shines, and glistens as the sun peeks out from behind the dark clouds. The sun sure chose the great moment to peep out. I don't even so much as look to see the injury he has gotten.

Peeta carefully hauls the man off of the Mayor. Madge with a startled yell crawls to him. He chokes and it's drowned out by the roars of the crowd. "Tell them to escort everyone out of Town Hall" he choked, and I had to lean in to be able to hear. The woman who had threatened him before had a question "How is all of the other Districts going to agree on this--this--act of--" she began to struggle to form a word. "Cruelty" was all she had to say for it. She said it with venom in her voice. It cut through the tension like a knife. Mom had come over to Undersee helping him up to get his footing. I flicked Peeta a glance to tell him to go on and help. "He contacted them, told them. They agreed" I announced, suddenly the crowds roar quieted down a bit. I remembered the night when he called home. I didn't guess that they would agree. Even Paylor. I didn't imagine. It left a ringing noise in my ears. Now there were muffled whispers. "Clear Town Hall, the final results will be announced live on the News" I announced, and my voice seemed to ring about the open land. They listened, but the Peacekeepers kept them moving. I turned right when they took him inside. I was left alone now, I turned back around and watched everyone leave. Were the games already started?