The picture

The picture is Evan of which I'm positive with a very dark muscular man or monster looking shadow of Gale holding him. I'd notice the lean body anywhere. Even in the painting, Peeta could get every inch and curve. I open my mouth for a moment, Peeta quickly seems upset. I said " It's really creative". Beautiful it is. It stirs my stomach angrily, Ivy comes in with Madge a minute later. " Katniss. Ivy was wondering if Evan is okay" Madge said. Embarrassed she pulls her hair to the side, hesitantly. "Ivy honey he's going to more than okay" I said, getting up to give her a kiss on her forehead. She smiles, her eyes are clouded with fear and behind is what I was hoping for-- hope. That's my strong little girl, I think. Peeta comes to hug her " Think of good times, not bad. He's going to be okay. Now go on and play with Madge" he said softly. She smiles, Peeta is always the one to say something. Something so good, he talks like a poet. Ivy skips out, Madge laughs happily behind her. " Is he going to be okay?" I ask him. He turns more towards me to give me a soft look. "Of course, Gale wouldn't do a thing. He's trying to get you to follow him" he said. He is trying to make me follow him. He wants to tell me something. I'm not positive Gale wouldn't do a thing to Evan. If he did I know what would have to be done.

Later mom comes in with tears rolling down her cheeks. She sits down with us at the dinner table. "I've heard that Gale has gone to the capital" she said. I take one more bite of my roll. Ivy looks up. Peeta's leg wraps around my left leg. "Why there?!" , it's like asking myself. She shrugs, sniffing. "Try not be upset, please" I said. She looks at me, with the smallest nod. Afterward she turns on the TV trying to get me to understand it all. Capital. Evan. Stealing. Kidnapped. Jail. Gale. Gale. Evan. Evan.

I can't take it so I quickly shut it off. Peeta wraps his arms around me, Ivy is stuck to my leg like glue. Her grip, for a moment tightens. For a while we all stand there half happy, half sad, half family. We fall back onto the couch. Ivy laughs loudly. I tickle her stomach "Tickle tickle!!". She laughs so hard she snorts. "Stop! Imma' pee!" she protests. I kiss her with a loud smack on her cheek. Peeta grabs her hand to help her up. She runs to the bathroom. Hand over her butt. Mom turns the TV on again. " School has been closed?" she asks. Oh right. "Yea because of the chaos" Peeta said. "When is school open, again?" "Not sure"

We both lie in our bed. Ivy sits between us like a pea in a pod. Evan is gone and I know that we won't get any sleep.

The nightmare is Finnick at first. Tunnels. Mutts. "Nightlock, Nightlock" I whisper. Boom! He explodes. I scream in my dream, never waking up. Prim explodes before my eyes. Then Evan is in my hands and is painfully being stretched out of my hands. "NO!" I yell sounding strangled. Then I wake up sweating like crazy. Peeta? I open my eyes wide open. Ivy is whispering "It's okay mommy". Ivy woke me up. Not   Peeta. Peeta.