Eyes wide open

I opened my eyes wide open for the second time. My heart was pounding, almost out of my rib cage. I felt trapped.I couldn't remember where I was, Peeta stirs besides me. I blinked and Peeta wakes I still here the howling wind. Basement, I tell myself. "You alright?" Peeta asks. "Yea I woke up and It took me a while to remember where I was" I reply. He looks at me "Me to", it was barely a sound. "Oh Peeta" I said and wrap my arms around him. I look around, mom is on the twin bed asleep. Our kids are in the corner still in there hut. "We should sleep with the kids" I said. I get up and my body aches from sitting on the hard carpeted ground.

We get up, almost crawling over in complete exhaustion. The kids open there eyes then open there arms. I take Ivy in my arms wrapping her only blanket around her small body. Peeta slouches against the wall with Evan, he closes his eyes slowly. Evan keeps his eyes open, looking at his father Peeta. I stare at Peeta, wanting to be able to sleep. I kiss Ivy's forehead, this is all i have wanted with him. Kids. I stroke Ivy's forehead, Peeta falls quickly asleep. I almost wake him up, feeling so alone and desolate. My eyes close slowly. The ground shakes and I quickly open them, the lights flicker. They turn off, I count two minutes till they turn back on. Peeta murmurs something, I almost get up to grab his whole body and to press it against mine. My eyes are heavy but my my mind and body is awake. Mom shifts in bed, stirring. Ivy takes a deep breath, shuddering in an exhale. Her hand falls onto the ground. I take the blanket or the 'roof' of the fort onto her body and place her on the ground. I'm not going to get any sleep so why try?

Going upstairs wasn't what I thought it would look like. The house wasn't actually falling apart, nothing was broke or on the ground. To calm myself I make some of the amazing tea Johanna bought me and introduced me to. After that my mind really controls my legs I feel like I'm floating to Peeta's paint room. When was the last time he painted? Peeta was amazing at everything he did. His paintings were the way they were before. Though it was cleaned now. Before it was piled and cluttered; busy looking. Now it looks alone. I run my fingers all throughout them feeling Peeta within my finger tips. I find my favorite one in front of the window facing me like the sun. The meadow. Us lying down looking happy and the kids running around. The flowers are the most revealing. You could tell Peeta put thought into them, they have a wide range of meaning to us. There important. I turn around to face a vase filled with them. Yellow and strong. When did they get here? , I think. He must of had the kids to of gone to pick them. Or when we were gone mother went out and decided to put them in here-or to even clean this room. A stand has a white canvas on it, tubes of paint, and paint brushes await Peeta.

I walk into the kitchen with silence in each step. I look outside the window, and see dark clouds and pouring rain. The trees look as if there dancing in the storm celebrating the rain. I could hear everything. The rain. The wind. A huge beam of light spiked in my vision while I wasn't paying attention. I was waiting for the thunder, ten seconds then....boom! I covered my ears but I was way to late. It was so loud it popped my ears. I saw a tree caught fire in the wood. I widened my eyes then almost fell to the ground. "Katniss" Peeta said behind me. I didn't look back for a moment. I watched the tree scorch even with the pouring rain. I turn around shaking slightly. "Why are you up?" he asks. "Can't sleep. Are the kids okay?" I said wavering. I've said can't sleep so many times. I will for the rest of my life, I can't sleep. I will have a nightmare tonight, I think.I grab my nuke warm tea and head down again. "There sleeping" he replies after. He pulls me into bed with him, after I've finished my tea.

He mummers "I love you" right when I think I drift of into sleep.

YAY! Finally an update! PLEASE VOTE!!!