Not losing her

I begged for Peeta to stay. I was still recovering from whatever happened before. Ivy was still in the room, she was gripped to the end of our bed. Her lips were in a straight smooth line. Peeta had to go. To see the news. The mayor called us for the second time. I almost threw the pillow I was gripping fiercely at the door. "Okay Peeta go. I'll be behind you" I said, keeping my voice far away from sounding angry. He walks out the door, Ivy behind shuffles solemnly. I follow after taking a few breathers.

The mayor's left eye, after a while, I noticed was slightly twitching. He was trying to deliver this in a calm manner. "They've found Evan" he said at first. "And he's injured". Gale swallowed me. I started to shake slightly. Peeta noticed, the mayor didn't. I shouldn't of killed him. Maybe out of odds he wasn't killed and he'll be alive. I could tell he was holding back something. But his eyes were guarding us from asking. The poor mayor was dealing with all this. I felt sorry. But I've dealt with more than all of which he has lived. "So that's all?" Peeta asks, sounding surprisingly a bit angry. The mayor quickly averted his eyes from me, seeing my resent. "No. We're having trouble though—getting him out after the storm" he said. I almost question him but he continues and along his voice wavers. "So Gale must have some people with him-I'm—we're guessing. And he seems to be hurt. Katniss and Peeta we are doing this as fast as we can. But I think we are safe..Considering we did a full area sweep to find a bomb. Trust me we got highly trained people here" . Peeta nods, his face is full of understanding. But he is keeping down tears. "Okay" he said. That's all? Is the mayor's face. Ivy comes in. "Is brother—okay?" she questions. "Yes. Better than he'll ever be" I said brightly. Before I pull her into a hug I give the mayor a short but long look. His left eye twitches. And he silently leaves, slamming the door. Peeta gives me a look. "Ivy. I think it's time for night night" I say, Ivy nods. Peeta follows her in, just as I crawl into a ball and sob.

Momentarily Peeta comes out, in a rushed walk. "Katniss...." his voice trembles a little. He picks me up, wrapping my arms around his neck. He lies me down onto the couch whispering it's okay. I bury my face into the couches crevice. The material dries the tears away. "Katniss, I'll make you some cheese buns and your favorite tea" he said. I nod, and he leaves.

After a while I hear the tea kettle whistle and the oven beep multiple times. I smell the cheese and the smell of cooked crispy bread. He comes out telling me to sit up. I sit up slowly, wiping my eyes. "Katniss, Evan is going is going to be okay" he said, handing me a steaming cup of the delicious tea I enjoy so much. "I hope so" I reply. He sets down the plate piled with six cheese buns. I grab one, and the heat tells me: ah set it down! I set it down quickly hissing "Hot!". Peeta laughs softly. I sip the tea, lying back. He pours honey into his. "Honey?" I ask him. He looks at me, nodding while drinking his tea. "Is it better?" I ask. "For me it does. I don't know about you" he replies. I squirt a few drops, and stir it with the wooden stick. I take a drink, tasting it. "Mmmm" I hum. It makes it softer, smoother. "It's good!" I express. "I think the cheese buns are good now" he said. I take one. He's write. There warm. Not burning hot. I take one bite. Boom. Cheese. He laughs, realizing my expression. And I realize I can still be happy with my little boy gone. And I'm not losing her.

Ivy.

I put a lot of thoughts into this. I listened to Taylor Swift while listening to it. So that actually kind of helped. I think what I wrote was pretty good. Tell me what you think. I hope you think so too.

;) xx