Perpetual Frowner - Castiel x Reader

AU where monsters don't exist and stuff

Castiel Novak. That was his name. For a reason you couldn't explain, he always seemed to be frowning, and if not that, then he just had a blank expression. Whenever he spoke up during class, his voice was always monotonous. Despite his odd appearance, you found him interesting. Most found him weird in a negative sense and you'd hear them saying things about him all the time. You know that he knew about it. They said the things right in front of him. But he never retaliated, never stood up for himself. Never reacted in the slightest. But you felt that there was a lot to him, and you were dying to get to know him.

Sometimes you'd stare at him during class. He noticed every time. The first time it happened, blood rushed to your face and you attempted to cover your cheeks. But he didn't confront you about it. He simply stared back, blue eyes gazing into your (y/e/c) ones. You always tried to talk to him after class, but he'd always talk to you for a few moments before brushing it off and leaving.

But you had a plan this time. Your teacher was covering a topic that was very easy to make puns with; Bees. And you could tell he was very interested in them too. He leaned forward in his seat, his usual expressionless face traded for a curious one. He was adorable.

You raise your hand, trying to keep the smile off your face.

"Yes, Miss (Y/n)?"

"There's just so much to know about them. It's unbeelievable!"

You grin widely at the awful pun. You can practically hear the crickets chirping but then a loud laugh breaks out.

Who is that coming from?

Students turn in their seats and stare at Castiel with wide, surprised eyes. Even the teacher is gawking at him. His hand is covering his mouth which muffles the laughter that is already dying down, but you don't want it to stop. His eyes catch yours and they hold an air of amused surprise, and that just makes you want to make him laugh even more.

"Oh honey, there are more to comb! The possibeelities are endless!"

You know the last one didn't really work, but Castiel is laughing again, and so are you. Tears of amusement are threatening to fall down your face and your stomach hurts from trying to stifle the laughter spilling out of your mouth. All the students are still staring at in you in surprise and newfound respect when the bell rings. You made Castiel Novak laugh. Even if it was just with a stupid pun. Nobody had ever gotten any reaction out of him over anything. Ever. Castiel stands up and gathers his things, still chuckling. You gather your things as well and head out after him, leaving the students to sort out what just happened.

"Cas! Hey, wait up!"

He pauses to let you fall into step next to him.

lYou laughed. I got you to laugh!"

A triumphant smile brightens your features. He smiles at you kindly.

"You did. I congratulate you."

He had a way of talking that just made you smile even harder.

"What's up, though? You seem so... distant!"

He shrugs, the smile disappearing. You study his face carefully.

"Hm... you got any friends Novak?"

"I have no human friends, other than my brothers."

Brothers...

You recall his brother Gabriel Novak. You'd sometimes see him in the food court, messing around with other college students with an older man with icy blue eyes and blondish hair. You assume that's their other brother, Lucifer. Odd name, but you don't judge. It's actually kinda cool. Gabriel seems like a flirty class clown type, a guy who seemed likable enough, albeit a bit pretentious. His older brother, Lucifer, was more intimidating. You tried to avoid the pair as much as you possibly could, not because you feared they were mean or anything, but people just scared you. Talking to anyone was hard, but talking to loud people that liked to flirt and crack jokes all the time was harder because you had to work harder to keep up. Plus, yelling intimidated you. And most people didn't approach Lucifer to begin with. He was the 'don't mess with me' type. One of those guys that didn't have to ask people to move out of his way. You figured now that Cas was your friend, you'd be seeing a lot more of them, and you were scared but also looking forward to it.

"Well, you just got a new friend."

"I did?" He asks, seeming genuinely confused.

"Uh, yeah. Me!"

"That is very kind of you, but I am not sure you would enjoy my company."

"Are you kidding me? I worked my ass off just to get you to laugh, and now you're pushing me away? Nuh-uh, not happening."

Castiel looks at you, a hint of something you can't quite identify dancing through his eyes.

"Now, I have a pet guinea pig at my place, you coming over?"

lAbsolutely."

And with that he grabs your arm and tugs you away from the classroom and out of the school. Laughter bubbles up in your throat. So that's where the friendship of Castiel Novak and (Y/f/n) began.

oh my god Cas is such a fuckin cutie and he's just a lil sweetheart and I wish I could just hug him forever /('v')/

Stay Awesome ~ NeedsMoreMisha