1.6

The next morning everyone was back on the trail. Ian was behind with ⨊ and Emma next to him and so on."Jessica, Jessica," Ian called out with no response from ⨊. "Jessica didn't you hear me calling out your name?" asked Ian as he got next to ⨊. "I didn't expect anyone to call out to me," said ⨊ walking ahead not wanting to interact with Ian too much. "You really should mingle with others more. You're starting to forget your own name. Others will think that Jessica isn't your real name," he laughed off. "You're one to talk," mumbled ⨊ under her breath. "What? Did you say something?" ⨊ ignored Ian and continued walking ahead, wanting to keep a distance from him.

⨊ knew that Ian had no malicious intent towards her, but that did not mean anything to her. Just because he had no personal bad intention towards her that did not change anything. Anyone who had anything to hide should never be trusted, but then again ⨊ met a lot of people who were open about their cruel nature. (Like I'm one to talk. Ian could just be hiding a weird habit or his cruel side.) Either way, it is best not to get too close to him.

Around three days had passed since they started this tour hike. Others got the hint of ⨊ not wanting to get friendly with anyone. Only Ian didn't and continued having a one-sided conversation with her, but this time he called out her name whenever he could. ⨊ felt Ian trying to get close to her, but luckily Emma wanted to get close to Ian and did everything she could to get close to him. From getting tired and wanting him to hang back with her, to getting too weak and needing his help to walk and constantly trying to walk next to him and talk to him.

                ⨊ found it funny watching Emma's antics to get Ian's attention, especially since she felt that Ian was trying to keep his distance from Emma. But since he was supposed to be the nice guy who was friendly with everyone, it seemed like he couldn't exactly be straightforward with Emma.