6.4

6.4

"Ian?" called out ⨊. "Yes, that's me and you are?" asked Ian with a smile looking at the simple woman in front of him. ⨊ froze looking at his fake smile. (He doesn't remember me.) "I'm... No one... Just a passerby...Sorry...for disturbing you," said ⨊ as she left. (I'm so stupid. Of course, he wouldn't remember me, what did I expect?) ⨊ regretted believing him and waiting for him. Wanting to spend time with him and be together with him. The pain inside her increased as the distance between them increased.

⧚Wait here. Don't do anything, I'll be back.⧚ ℥enji told the others before going after ⨊. ℥enji saw ⨊ with her back towards him trembling slightly. He gently turned her around and held her in his arms. "Let go..." "It's ok, I'm the only one here. You don't have to hide. I won't let anyone see you," he said while rubbing her back. Her true form had an appearance of a young girl. Which was often, mistaken for a kid. ℥enji knew that when she was in her true form her thinking and behavior, would revert to a five-year-old kid since she was naive. And she wouldn't be able to hide from him. ⨊ reverted back to her original appearance and started crying her eyes out like a child.

"He didn't remember me...he said... he loved me ...I fell for it... He lied to me... I believed him... I'm so stupid," ⨊ rambled on between gasps. ℥enji let her cry while gently patting her back and embracing her small body. "You're not stupid, I believed him as well. Perhaps he meant it at that time," said ℥enji after ⨊ calmed down a bit. "I know its not his fault... he didn't do anything wrong... But it still hurts," said ⨊ in a small voice. "I looked forward to seeing him after a whole year, but he..." said ⨊ unable to finish the sentence because she started crying again.

"I'm tired and it hurts. Everything hurts," said ⨊ getting sleepy. "Why not sleep for a bit? You haven't slept since you got injured... I'll wake you up if anything happens," said ℥enji coaxingly. "Ok... But wake me up if work..." said ⨊ as she dozed off and disappeared.