8.10

⨊ spent the next few days sitting with it, while the thing sat at a distance from her. Having a one-sided conversation with it about stupid things. "Aren't, you scared of me?" she asked it. It just seemed to watch her with no response. Yet they seemed to be in harmony around each other.

"I'm going to be busy for the next few days and won't be coming here...I don't know why I'm telling you," said ⨊ as she saw its atmosphere becoming dark and lonely. (Should I tell him I will be returning? I shouldn't give him any false hope. Besides, he may forget about me by then.)

That thing watched the man walking away, wanting to stop him. Ever since it woke up in this forest it had been on its own. It didn't have any knowledge on the passage of time. It couldn't remember anything or even feel anything. For some reason it knew it was abnormal, though it didn't know why or how it knew that. It killed anything it came across and the people that often wandered into its area. As time went by it remembered being tortured and experimented on.

The first time he saw that man wandering into the forest, he didn't think about killing him. But ended up following him around and watching him. He didn't know why he did that. When he saw the group of men going to attack that man, he lost his mind and everything went blank. When he was himself again, they were dead with the man standing unharmed, which confused him. But he became happy when that man started talking to him.

When the man told him he would leave, he wanted to stop him by any means, but didn't want the man to see him. Those few days when that man wasn't around, he felt lonely for the first time. During the time the man was away he seemed to become aware of himself and started remembering who he was before waking up in this forest and everything that happened to him.