3.1

Zach POV

"Yo Jack I'm gonna go grab some food, wanna come with?" I said as I got up from the couch. I was in his and Leigh apartment but she wasn't here.

"Yeah might as well." He said as he stood up and followed me.

Jack and I finally decided that we were going to get chipotle. While we drove there, I kept nervously tapping my fingers on the wheel.

Once we got there, I sent Jack to go get in line while I park the car. I watch Jack jog up to the door and go inside. I park the park and grab my wallet, keys, and phone. I lock the car and go inside to see him talking to some girl, I couldn't see here.

"At let me at least get your number." Jack said as he tried to smooth talk the girl.

"Keep on dreaming, the only thing you're getting is a restraining order." She said sarcastically back. Her voice sounded real familiar but I couldn't tell.

"Sorry about this one," I said as I put a hand on Jack shoulder and not looking at the girl, "he thinks he's good at picking up girls wit-"

"Vienne!?" I said with a shock expression, I immediately hugged her.

"Zach Herron, wondered when I would finally see you again." She said as she hugged me back.

"Uh am I missing something?" Jack said confused.

I let go of her and faced Jack, "This is my old friend back from Dallas, Vienne Cooper."

She stuck out a hand and smiled, Jack excepted it and smiled back.

"So what brings you to Cali?" I asked her confused.

"Have you not seen my post? I'm going to the University of California!"

I smiled big, "That's great! I remember that being your dream school, I love seeing you live out your dreams."

"You too Dean, look at you traveling the world and selling out venues."

I felt heat rise to my cheeks.

"Speaking of that, this is Jack, one of my band mates. Also someone who uses lame pickup lines that thinks they work."

Jack chuckled, "well if they don't, curls get the girls." He said with a smirk.

"Next in line!"

Vienne smiled at me then turned back around and ordered. We did the same amd before Vienne could pay, I blunted out loud before she could, "let me pay for you."

"No need Dean, but you can for me next time." She said with a smile.

I was confused and Jack hit my in the chest with his hand. "Ow!"

"Dude you dumbass, I think you got yourself a date."

I raised my eyesbrows, I turned back to vienne and she smiled at me. "You have my number, see you around."

And with that, she walked out.

"Dude, if you don't hit that, I will." Jack said as he chuckled.

I laughed and shoved him with my shoulder, "Let's go back home now

On the way back there were now two things that were racing in my mind.

Leigh and Vienne.

"Zach!" Jack yelled at me. "You okay, I've called your name like three times."

"Yeah I'm good, what's up?" I asked as we were at a red light.

"So how do you know, um what's her name again?"

"Vienne?"

"Yeah her."

"We met in middle school. She was a military child so as soon as I moved to California with the band back in 2016, she moved out of the country. I never knew where but we stayed in tough. Even up to now we would sometimes text each other and see how the other person is doing."

"So you never bothered to ask her about college and the fact that she now lives down here?"

"Well for the record, I kinda forgot school existed because I dropout. So come left my mind since it was never my plan."

Jack nodded, "I get that."

Once we got back to the complex, we went back to his apartment and ate our food there.

"Zach I swear if you keep tapping your finger I will cut it off with my plastic fork." Jack said as he pointed it towards me.

"Alright alright, geek dude no need to become a murdered."

Jack laughed as he took another bite of his food. "So what's on your mind?" You have been tapping your fingers all day long, even before we saw Vienne so I know it's not about her."

"It's nothing." I said as I got up and threw away my trash.

"Don't lie, what's going on?"

"Something is seriously wrong with Leigh." I said quickly, which made Jack look confused.

"What do you mean?"

I scratched the back of my neck, "at first I thought it was nothing but something is up with her. Just hear me out."

"Okay."

"She has never seeken any type of help, like ever."

"What would she need hel-"

"No listen," I said cutting him off.

"Shs has had two abusive and messed up relationships, Ryan and Dylan. And not to mention that she has only been in three and only one is working out for her so far. Second of all, Leigh lost her girl bestfriend a year ago and hasn't talked about it AT ALL since. She almost died in that car accident and only got physical therapy."

"Your point is?"

He was making me frustrated, "All she has done is bundle up her emotions, and here and there she let's it out, but it's never all of it. She let's it out on Daniel because she knows he can handle it, but can he really though? Don't you think it's going to ruin their relationship?"

"Well that really doesn't concer-"

"Jack you are talking about your best friend, do you want something bad to happen to her?"

"No, never." Jack said getting all defensive.

"Exactly, and not to mention that whole fight that happened with you, her, and Daniel about a month or so into their relationship."

"Bro I said we don't talk about that day." Jack said blankly.

"But I think we have to! We all have it bundled up on the inside and that isn't okay."

"Look Zach, I get where you are coming from but we don't need to interfere with their relationship. And it's not something to worry about because she is fine."

And with that, he left the room.